The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

That one that piped last night didn't hatch till this afternoon after a bunch more jumped out. So not that early I guess, just one day. Eight out now.
1f423.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/7791656/width/200/height/400[/IMG[/B]
This is the first one out of 5. I think threw others have hatched but I'm viewing my incubator on our security cam and it got pretty steamy inside so it's hard to tell if I have one or two eggs left.

Last edited:
Still waiting!

I in no way at ALL mean to sound like a know it all, but if you are in lockdown then you probably should have taken the turner out and put down a non-slip surface. I have the same bator as you. I used a grippy drawer liner and I just cut it to fit and toss after the hatch. When the chicks hatch they fall all over the place, and without a grippy surface they can develop splay leg. Also, toenails can get caught under the turner. I'm sure more experienced people can weigh in on how to deal with it, BUT if I were you and didn't have any pips, I'd quickly remove the eggs, pull the turner, throw down some paper towel, and get them back in there. It's ok if the humidity and temp drop briefly as long as no one has pipped.

That's the first of 5 eggs. I think 3 more have hatched but the incubator is steamy and I can't tell if there are one or two eggs left. I'm viewing them from my home security cam. Lol.

That's the first of 5 eggs. I think 3 more have hatched but the incubator is steamy and I can't tell if there are one or two eggs left. I'm viewing them from my home security cam. Lol.

I admire this greatly. I could give a flip about security, but I do want to watch my hatch! *heads to Lowes*

I in no way at ALL mean to sound like a know it all, but if you are in lockdown then you probably should have taken the turner out and put down a non-slip surface. I have the same bator as you. I used a grippy drawer liner and I just cut it to fit and toss after the hatch. When the chicks hatch they fall all over the place, and without a grippy surface they can develop splay leg. Also, toenails can get caught under the turner.  I'm sure more experienced people can weigh in on how to deal with it, BUT if I were you and didn't have any pips, I'd quickly  remove the eggs, pull the turner, throw down some paper towel, and get them back in there. It's ok if the humidity and temp drop briefly as long as no one has pipped. 

:goodpost:

I agree 100% with this.

How long between pip and zip?? Normally I have had one pip for 28 hours now nothing more

Can be up to 24 hours. Do you have one at 28 hours now? If so it is still moving?

:clap

I've thought about setting the GoPro up next to the incubator when I head off to bed :lol:

Back
Top Bottom