The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

lol. I have a leghorn roo that is named Donald cause of his comb over, lol

If his comb and wattles were orange, he would be a dead ringer!
lol.png

Splash x Black give you 100% blue chicks.

I'd give it a bit more time.  It is pipped on the wrong end, so you may have to help it out.

I've had them zip immediately after pipping, and I've had them pip and wait 12 hours.  They zip when they are ready.

Humidity is probably too high.

Yep!  2 of the 3 I thought were questionable from candling at lockdown have hatched.  The 3rd is pipped.  If it is dark in the egg, I leave it in for hatch just in case.

It's a hard choice to make.  I generally don't help unless they are zipping and get glued in because of a humidity fluctuation.  When they pip the wrong end, it really makes you worry, but I have had them hatch fine on their own.

Beautiful cakes!

:jumpy

Leave it alone!  Sit on your hands.

Ditto!

Regarding the humidity being too high...it didn't get steamy until the first chick hatched and the moisture from the egg and wet chick caused condensation. :)

Last edited:
Here they are all 108 of them.
[/URL]
That's a LOT of chicks!!! Adorable!! Are you selling some of these?

I didn't think to take a picture of the 10 that I moved over last night - I added them to the week old chicks already tucked in for the night. It was fun watching them tunnel their way under the other chicks.

I have 5 more in the bator - I'll add them tonight and I'll try to get photos. I think I got 4 more Golden Sebrights, and 1 more Porcelain D'Uccle. But that is it for my hatch. The two eggs I didn't think would hatch, didn't hatch. Plus my 1 Joe egg didn't hatch. No signs of like in Joe.

I currently have NOTHING in the 3 Brinseas, although I have 8 or so dozen eggs ready to go in, or in transit on their way here.....But that means I have at least 21 days to get some of the babies in the bathroom OUTSIDE before the new chicks need a brooder.

Congratulations everyone on your hatchers! All these chick pics are :love

I have 14 hatched as of now. All 10 Brahmas are out and so are 4 polish. Last two polish eggs are pipped so still waiting for action on those :pop

This is one of the strangest hatches I have ever had and also strung out with that first chick hatching so early.

Back
Top Bottom