The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

Usually clover.  But my clover honey has flavor. 

Here it's usually summer.  It can happen under strong nectar flow when the hive gets crowded or backfilled with honey.  You have to stay on top of them when the nectar sources are heavy.  It's amazing how fast they can fill up the supers.

Did you bait with Lemongrass oil?

It's good, but I will not support the growing of that pesky weed.

I wouldn't support the growing of this pesky weed either.  We have LOTS of poison oak around, but the bees tend to prefer other sources.

Yep, we used lemongrass oil and put a chunk of beeswax inside too. We're hoping it works.

I try to candle less during the first 7 to 8 days. The embryos are a bit more fragile then.

Still, candling will not normally hurt them if you are careful.
Ok Thx.
Agree. But I'm pretty hands off during incubating. I typically only candle at lockdown.
Thx, really didn't know if there were any consciences but I won't candle them from now on until before lockdown.

Usually clover.  But my clover honey has flavor. 

Here it's usually summer.  It can happen under strong nectar flow when the hive gets crowded or backfilled with honey.  You have to stay on top of them when the nectar sources are heavy.  It's amazing how fast they can fill up the supers.

I just looked and my swarm was June 4th last year.

Did you bait with Lemongrass oil?

It's good, but I will not support the growing of that pesky weed.

I wouldn't support the growing of this pesky weed either.  We have LOTS of poison oak around, but the bees tend to prefer other sources.

Ahh that makes sense, thanks.

So does blackberry honey taste like blackberries or not really?

Anybody sell any or wanna let me try any flavor of honey LOL

Back
Top Bottom