The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

Well I planed to put them in the Sat before but I guess i can start them on that Thursday because i would like to sell chicks for Easter this year. Plan to put in seabrights silkies polish EEs black sexlink Jappanese and bbrS. Because of I start 2 days before it costs right?

Perfect timing for Easter!

I'll be joining. Doing a test hatch now & just separated a few more breeding groups last night. Maybe by then, I can separate more if the weather cooperates.
pop.gif

How is the test hatch going? Any candling pictures to share?

Yay another excuse to hatch eggs!!! Count me in.

It is a great excuse for hatching out chicks!

I'll join, kids with love this. Our new flock is pretty young, last year's chicks, so hopefully they will start laying soon. And our young rooster can do his part. Plus side though one hen did start laying this week, got two eggs so far
1f601.png

I hope they start laying lot's of fertile eggs for you!

Sounds like you have been a busy bee hatching already!
I'm afraid I'm not a turkey person but here are some threads that should help ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/newsearch?search=Butchering+turkeys+#
Great link to Turkey butchering!

Sounds good! I'll join. It's always fun to learn and hatch in this thread.
If they are cooperating in laying, I'll be hatching more gray jungle fowl from my friends small flock again this year.

We got a snowstorm last night, but at least now I feel like spring is coming! :lol:

me to! I'll be hatching Black Copper Marans!
2764.png

How dark are the eggs?

If they are cooperating in laying, I'll be hatching more gray jungle fowl from my friends small flock again this year.

We got a snowstorm last night, but at least now I feel like spring is coming!
lol.png

We need pictures!

We got a snowstorm last night, but at least now I feel like spring is coming! :lol:

Welcome :clap

The jungle fowl sound very interesting, not a breed I know much about. Ugh snow! I know last year when I got my incubator out for the first time it snowed! I'm expecting the same this year as the seasons are so messed up over here in the U.K. :th
Great pics you posted of the snow!

me to! I'll be hatching Black Copper Marans!
2764.png

:woot

Welcome and good luck with those eggs!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom