The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

Oh yeah, I see that now that I'm on my computer, sorry, I was on mobile before (usually am) and so couldn't see the location. That's true that it doesn't really matter although it does make me feel a little better that you're at least somewhat close to me and not way across the country or something haha 

That's good to hear about them cause I was hoping they were good breeds :) Do you think the partridges are similar to the other Rocks or different? 

And that's fine! I already have buff orps and australorps anyway (though I could always use more haha). Do you think you could do the rocks and sussex? 

I'd definitely love to hear the prices so either you can message or I'll message you please :)

I'm hoping to order the incubator soon so I can get eggs haha

Haha, it's fine!

I have never raised other rocks, but those Partridge have got to be prettier than any other rock. They are very good layers, and pretty friendly.

I will not have eggs available till after the HAL, probably 2-4 weeks after the HAL, tbh. So if you are interested in eggs for that, I can't be of help there. Trust me, you will immediately want to set more eggs though.

I could probably do Rock and Sussex. I'm just gonna PM you. Lol.
You have SS eggs for sale???

Yep! Are you interested?

Too bad I don't have any broodies. :p Never have. :hit

The Incuview is on backorder :hit

But even so, if I order it, it should still get to me on time.

I've been looking at lots of hatching eggs lol

Oh, you are getting an IncuView?! That was my first, it is awesome! Check amazon, it might not be on back order there. I got mine for $100 on eBay and it was refurbished. I love it. 92% hatch rate the first hatch and 93% last time.

I HAVE A CHICK!!! They were not supposed to hatch till Sat, I just put them in lock down Wed, yesterday, crazy, they are bantams and I know they can be early but wow that is EARLY, oh so tiny and cute,

I kept hearing chirping and thought it was the TV and finally really focused and no birds on the tv so I went and looked,!!!

celebrate.gif

I HAVE A CHICK!!! They were not supposed to hatch till Sat, I just put them in lock down Wed, yesterday, crazy, they are bantams and I know they can be early but wow that is EARLY, oh so tiny and cute,  

I kept hearing chirping and thought it was the TV and finally really focused and no birds on the tv so I went and looked,!!!

:celebrate

Congratulations! :jumpy

Haha, it's fine!

I have never raised other rocks, but those Partridge have got to be prettier than any other rock. They are very good layers, and pretty friendly.

I will not have eggs available till after the HAL, probably 2-4 weeks after the HAL, tbh. So if you are interested in eggs for that, I can't be of help there. Trust me, you will immediately want to set more eggs though.

I could probably do Rock and Sussex. I'm just gonna PM you. Lol.
Yep! Are you interested?
Too bad I don't have any broodies. :p Never have. :hit
Oh, you are getting an IncuView?! That was my first, it is awesome! Check amazon, it might not be on back order there. I got mine for $100 on eBay and it was refurbished. I love it. 92% hatch rate the first hatch and 93% last time.

Haha thanks!

Thanks for info on the partridges :) they sound like great birds! A lot like my Barred actually but better! Hahah definitely prettier (don't tell her I said that :oops: )

And ahhh okay, that's perfectly fine! I'll probably just find eggs on eBay, Meyer's site, or locally for that!! Or I might not even have the incubator in time anyway. Plus like you said, I'm sure I will immediately want to set again anyway :p

That is, if I can be good and sell the chicks I hatch, or most haha

And okay, sounds good :)

And about the incubator, haha yeah I'm thinking of it! It's either that or the Hovabator Genesis 1588. But I've heard good things about the Incuview/it was recommended, plastic so easier to clean, and I think it's a little bit cheaper plus the built-in turner so I'm thinking I'm going to go with this one. Thanks, I'll check Amazon or Ebay!

Only problem is it holds less eggs lol

Haha thanks!

Thanks for info on the partridges
smile.png
they sound like great birds! A lot like my Barred actually but better! Hahah definitely prettier (don't tell her I said that
hide.gif
)

And ahhh okay, that's perfectly fine! I'll probably just find eggs on eBay, Meyer's site, or locally for that!! Or I might not even have the incubator in time anyway. Plus like you said, I'm sure I will immediately want to set again anyway
tongue.png

That is, if I can be good and sell the chicks I hatch, or most haha

And okay, sounds good
smile.png

And about the incubator, haha yeah I'm thinking of it! It's either that or the Hovabator Genesis 1588. But I've heard good things about the Incuview/it was recommended, plastic so easier to clean, and I think it's a little bit cheaper plus the built-in turner so I'm thinking I'm going to go with this one. Thanks, I'll check Amazon or Ebay!

Only problem is it holds less eggs lol

Do yourself a favor and invest in an incubator that's the total package! Fan, turner, hygrometer. I got the Brinsea Mini Advance and I wish I had upgraded to the Mini II or whatever it is that measures humidity. Read every review you can find of whatever bator you're considering! Seriously, one chick flailing around in this Brinsea made me realize how small it is. If I ever put in the max amount of eggs (7) and had a 100% hatch rate, hatch day would be B A N A N A S!

Do yourself a favor and invest in an incubator that's the total package! Fan, turner, hygrometer. I got the Brinsea Mini Advance and I wish I had upgraded to the Mini II or whatever it is that measures humidity. Read every review you can find of whatever bator you're considering! Seriously, one chick flailing around in this Brinsea made me realize how small it is. If I ever put in the max amount of eggs (7) and had a 100% hatch rate, hatch day would be B A N A N A S! 

Good advice. :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom