The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

After candling I pulled all my Ayam Cemani eggs for no development. I'm down to 4 Marans, 4 Silkied Ameracauna, 6 Isbar. I don't candle quail eggs do they are all still there.

Is it weird that I'm excited for everybody eggs!! I wish everyone had birds and eggs to hatch. Poo on dying Easter eggs, my chickens lay blue eggs lol
I love seeing all the chicks, ducks and other birds everyone is hatching!!!!

This is the first year I've really brought eggs into work consistently to sell. I have about 8 dozen already reserved for next week. I get blue, green, beige, salmon, brown, white, various shades of olive and even one chicken that is laying a PURPLE egg! I don't know which one. But, it's AWESOME!!

I really hope the chickens don't go on strike next week.

I MIGHT candle my Easter HAL eggs for the first time tomorrow. Let's hope they are developing!!!

I love seeing all the chicks, ducks and other birds everyone is hatching!!!!

This is the first year I've really brought eggs into work consistently to sell.  I have about 8 dozen already reserved for next week.  I get blue, green, beige, salmon, brown, white, various shades of olive and even one chicken that is laying a PURPLE egg!  I don't know which one.  But, it's AWESOME!!  

I really hope the chickens don't go on strike next week.  

I MIGHT candle my Easter HAL eggs for the first time tomorrow.  Let's hope they are developing!!!

Can I see a picture of your eggs? I've never seen a purple egg before. That's so neat!

First time ey?   You will love this!   When they start popping out, it's a blast.  Like Christmas.   And ducks..oh, they are soo cute with those little webbed feet! 
I am so NERVOUS! I'm so scared of doing something wrong. Lol. But hopefully I have new chicks and ducklings soon.

Purple egg???
1f62e.png
I get dark and light brown, one white and 2 light blue. How do you get a purple????? I want one.

Candled tonight and my hyline eggs are pretty dark and I am half blind so left them in. I'd hate to pull them out and have chickys in them. The rest are easy to see so I know I have 24 of 40 going strong..

The days are starting to drag out I'm not n day 13 man oh man 8 more days!!

Try nine more days! Seems like eternity. I set mine on Monday.

55 out of 63 eggs still kicking! And I'm pretty happy with that, considering one incubator is a 5 year old Styrofoam that had three zero percent ''hatches'' and then sat in a dusty old barn for four years.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom