The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

It looks fine, I would leave it. Orpingtons are lazy hatchers from the one's I have hatched.
It's a silkie egg. And do you think that it will still make it, even though it is malpositioned? It's not in the air cell at all. It is in the middle of the egg. The membrane seems ok now that I got the humidity up, and it made a little hole in the membrane, so I know it can breathe. I haven't seen any movement for a while now though. I know it is probably just resting, but I am worried.

Update: Add one more to my hatch! Went to toss the unhatched eggs & heard a chirp. Thought this little guy had died two days ago, but with a little help, he seems to be getting stronger every hour. His name is Rocky!

BYC EHAL Update: Out of all 35 quail eggs only 10 hatched. Unfortunately one of the babies died. So far not impressed with these quail babies. They are from our backyard birds and I'm guessing the there's too much inbreeding or something. We will be replacing all of our quail with the more impressive stock from our first hatch ever which was a few weeks ago. On the other side of the spectrum the Incuview Incubator has performed like a charm! So far 7 duckling eggs have hatched, 4 females and 3 males with two more pipped and zipped ready to hatch soon! Not bad out of the 13 viable eggs we had from our backyard flock! Pics to follow soon! :love

How did the double yolker do? Twins? Also any update on those cute Emu's? :jumpy

Last edited:
Update: Add one more to my hatch! Went to toss the unhatched eggs & heard a chirp. Thought this little guy had died two days ago, but with a little help, he seems to be getting stronger every hour. His name is Rocky!

Glad that baby made a peep! Good job on assisting.

Of 7 eggs set in my Brinsea Mini Advanced 3 hatched Easter Sunday 1 pip and died and one almost hatched but died 2 were quitters. Ugh so disappointed. Of the 3 that hatched I did get 1 lavender Mottled English Orpington out of my trio of Black Mottled English Orpingtons

BYC EHAL Update: Out of all 35 quail eggs only 10 hatched. Unfortunately one of the babies died. So far not impressed with these quail babies. They are from our backyard birds and I'm guessing the there's too much inbreeding or something. We will be replacing all of our quail with the more impressive stock from our first hatch ever which was a few weeks ago. On the other side of the spectrum the Incuview Incubator has performed like a charm! So far 7 duckling eggs have hatched, 4 females and 3 males with two more pipped and zipped ready to hatch soon! Not bad out of the 13 viable eggs we had from our backyard flock! Pics to follow soon!
love.gif

How did the double yolker do? Twins? Also any update on those cute Emu's?
jumpy.gif
Oh yes, @IHeartPoultry any emu updates?

And yez duckling pics are a must!

I have an update. The membrane was starting to get brown and look gummy on the edges, so I decided to take the egg out quick and wet the membrane. I can't see a beak anymore near the pip; it just looks like it's body pressed against the membrane. So I candled it quick, and it looks like it's body is into the air cell, but I can't find a beak. It did move around and chirp quite a bit though. Is it possible that it re-positioned itself to pip into the air cell?

Back
Top Bottom