The addiction is too strong...

flyingmonkeypoop

Crowing
12 Years
Apr 30, 2007
Deer Park Washington
I posted a topic last month or so about how I was getting out of chickens because I was getting into exotics and such. Well I got a trio of barred leghorn bantams for the crele phoenix project, I didnt think I would get into them or anything because they are 'just another chicken'.
Well I lied to myself, they are awesome and I have to breed them and improve them in addition to using them for the creles. So I now have several pheasants and exotic ducks and now and back on my drug of choice: chickens with dun laced wyandotte bantams and barred leghorn bantams. I will post pics when I get the chance, its still frosty outside.

big_smile.png
We told ourselves only 6 chickens...we now have 14. Then we said...ok 14 isn't bad but NO bantams! I couldn't help myself I had to order mille fleur D'uccles. Than bantam cochins (my personal fav) and then I HAD to have silkies! We are now up to 28! And I want MORE! Were going to a show in Menominee Oct 4th and I will be coming home with something..prob more bantam cochins
big_smile.png
Good luck with your addiction!

I only wanted 4 last year for eggs. Check my sig line, yes it says 41 plus all those eggs.
Plus I am going to a 4 H Chicken Sale on Oct 11.....

Addicted?????? No Not Me
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

My addiction started long ago with one mutt rooster, then I had to get some hens for him, then I looked at hatchery catalogs and had a mixed flock then I decided to work with plymouth rocks. I had them for a while but liked wyandottes better. I then got a partidge wyandotte bantam cockerel and liked him, looked for a year for some hens and finally found some so we got them. I bred them for awhile and saw dun laced wyandotte bantams at a show and had to have some. I couldnt find any so I got dun wyandottes instead, then I got whites, then silver laced. I figured I could make my own dun laced with the duns and silver laced so I did. As soon as I got the first cross from the duns I sold them. Then this spring when I was on eggbid I saw some neat exotic ducks so I emailed breeders and finally found someone, he was going out of business so I got a great deal on 3 pairs and a pair of cackler geese. Then I was on craigslist and saw amhearst pheasants and mom liked them so we went to pick them up and ended up getting them, a pair of yellow goldens, and a pair of silvers. Then the guy offered me the other 24 for $300 so I had to take it. Now I am building pens like crazy for them. Then I got the barred leghorns and love them.

uhh...my husband said, "Sure, I think you could get 6 chickens. That would be fine."

that, my FlyingMonkeyPoop friend was in April of THIS year. Check my sig line...
ep.gif

Dang, 263! That is alot, you must be going through feed faster than we are.

I have decided that I cant stay away from chickens, they are too addicting. I tried to stay away but couldnt. I cant see why I even tried to stop.

Back
Top Bottom