The adventures of Barbara (BR)

Queen Barbara rules the roost!
hugs.gif

Thank you for finding time to write another instalment, Mrs Chickendad!!!!!
caf.gif

My babies should wake up on Wednesday...Fingers crossed for us that we get something this time, please
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

ok...who done it??? as you know i lost my barbara tragically- so one of my banty girls hatched 5 babies- i don't have a BR on the place- soooo... look at this guy...he needs a name... a featherfooted BR!!

24037_br2.jpg

24037_br1.jpg

i think BR have powers unknown to us humans!! Ohhhh Barbara!!! did you do this??

Uh, Robin I think one of your girls has been sneaking out to see boys. If I didn't know differently, I'd say she has hooked up with either Leon or Tyson. Their mama was a white rock, purtiest clean white chicken you ever saw, Daddy was Leroy. Bars had to come from the mama I do believe. Believe in the power of Bars!

I always thought the dark coloring and bars was a dominant gene. I hatch out mixes from my BR girls and my Buff minorca roo. The roos are white w/ slight buff barring on feathers by his tail and the girls are buff and white. Not the results I would have expected but still very pretty. And she lays white eggs too. Thought the Brown was more dom.
68100_100_0623.jpg

68100_100_0620.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom