The African and Chinese goose thread!!

This is peepers. We got her from a feed store who ordered through ideal. She has developed a little tuft on her head but its not in the correct place to be a true roman. I originally thought we picked a chinese but now I just dont know what she may be. What do yall think? Ive included a baby pic as well. She is 10 weeks old now.

What a little doll
love.gif
at this stage they are feathering in, so you see all sorts of odd plumage lol. It does look like a crest. This was Snowy, one of my Chinese hens at about that age.

At what age can you tell the sex of a white chinese and brown chinese? I can't see a knob yet. The white chinese is just under two months old and the brown chinese is a week or two older.

Not sure of an age, but my female grunts and sounds like a little piggy while my gander squeals (high pitched) and is very proud holds head high.

Recently,my goose has been sitting on her nest all the time. This is the first time she's done this,but she's been laying eggs for a few months. They're not fertile eggs,but she still does this. I assume this is normal? And I was told she'd be mean and be a typical broody goose,but she's as sweet as can be whenever I'm near her nest.

Last edited:
Recently,my goose has been sitting on her nest all the time. This is the first time she's done this,but she's been laying eggs for a few months. They're not fertile eggs,but she still does this. I assume this is normal? And I was told she'd be mean and be a typical broody goose,but she's as sweet as can be whenever I'm near her nest.
It is typical I have a broody goose sitting on 7 fake ceramic goose eggs. They really don't care if eggs are real or not once those broody hormones kick in but can not say mine is sweet as can be nope can't say that. lol

It is typical I have a broody goose sitting on 7 fake ceramic goose eggs. They really don't care if eggs are real or not once those broody hormones kick in but can not say mine is sweet as can be nope can't say that. lol
Maybe she has figured out that you put those fake eggs there. Must be frustrating to sit still for a month with no outcome.

Back
Top Bottom