The African and Chinese goose thread!!

Its official I have a pair of geese. I got lucky picking a big gosling and a little. Now today they r all feathered and Gerty is short and fat and Louis is tall and thin.

Its official I have a pair of geese. I got lucky picking a big gosling and a little. Now today they r all feathered and Gerty is short and fat and Louis is tall and thin.
Congratulations now new pics are in order..
pop.gif

So I went into the goose house the embden live in over the weekend, and guess what I found! EGGS?!?!?!? Wow, what a weird year. Pretty full nest too. Its my oldest adult females, the 2 year olds thats preparing to sit. My chinese hen has abandoned the duck eggs. I candled what she had and they were not developed.Both brown girls are last years hatch so they are inexperienced yet, possibly. Anxious to see if the Embden hens will hatch some babies! My Gander has still been actively mating them so its possible
fl.gif

So I went into the goose house the embden live in over the weekend, and guess what I found! EGGS?!?!?!? Wow, what a weird year. Pretty full nest too. Its my oldest adult females, the 2 year olds thats preparing to sit. My chinese hen has abandoned the duck eggs. I candled what she had and they were not developed.Both brown girls are last years hatch so they are inexperienced yet, possibly. Anxious to see if the Embden hens will hatch some babies! My Gander has still been actively mating them so its possible
fl.gif
That is amazing, I am wondering what is going on? so far no mating here and egg laying ended in late may. I really hope it stays that way and we go into next year before it starts again, my poor ducks and chickens can't hardly tolerate the abuse.

That would be awesome if you got gosling and this late in the year too.

That is amazing, I am wondering what is going on? so far no mating here and egg laying ended in late may. I really hope it stays that way and we go into next year before it starts again, my poor ducks and chickens can't hardly tolerate the abuse.

That would be awesome if you got gosling and this late in the year too.

They funny thing is I saw goslings for sale last week at the market

Back
Top Bottom