The African and Chinese goose thread!!

Pics
8, I'm very sorry about Baby Fro.
sad.png

It's hard to lose a pet.
sad.png
hugs.gif

I try not to get emotionally attached to the ducks, chickens and geese, but I would grieve if one died. I have 15 Muscovy and 7 geese and have yet to name them.

The geese, though are hard to resist. I absolutely love them
love.gif

Please someone take a look at the pictures I posted last week and help me figure out the gender of my geese. I'm not even sure if they are African or Chinese. This is the first time I have raised anything other than common domestic animals.

I lived in the city all my long life till 2 years ago. I now have 2 donkeys, 26 chickens, 3 dogs plus the waterfowl.

I can use all the help I can get.

Well I finally took some pictures. Now if I can just get them up here???

Wow, success. Pictures 1,2,3,4,5,6 are the younger geese.
Any guess as to breed and gender?
The remainder of the pictures is pretty mixed, but the three together are the older 5 mos geese.
Any help on breed or gender will be appreciated.
I really need to hone my skills for image uploads. Sorry for so many pictures.

Very hard to tell based on the pictures, but this one looks very much to be a girl.

As an example, this pic shows a juvenile boy on the right and a girl on the left. Boys tend to have longer necks and are more upright.

I bought this Beautiful baby at the chicken sale with a supposed mate. They were both suppose to be Blue Swedish ducks. Well to my surprise one was a duck but He/she is the most loving and sweetest goose I could ask for. I have no experience with them and I have no clue if it is a he or she and what type of goose. Can y'all please help?

Meet litle Eggbert

Look what I found when I let everyone out this am. I will get a better oic when I don't have to worry about being attacked by the oyher geese.

Back
Top Bottom