The african and chinese goose thread!!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by ruffledfeathers1234, Jul 1, 2011.

1. goose4

goose4 Chirping

Aug 16, 2012
    Up North MN
    [​IMG]

Eggbert has a sibling. Mom is still sitting on her nest so there might be another. Dad took his babies out for a tour of the shed today while mom stayed on the nest.

2. AliciaM

AliciaM Songster

Apr 18, 2010
    Yelm Washington
    These are my 2 Chinese geese.. They are 13 weeks old.. How old until they get the knob on there head? Can anyone make a guess on there sex? There necks are a bit longer when they are not at rest, but they are not as long and swan ish as ive seen.. Could that be because they are young?

Thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. goose4

goose4 Chirping

Aug 16, 2012
    Up North MN
    My white chinese born in April have knobs already. Females develop knobs later than the males and have shorter necks. The girls also have deeper voices than the maleswhich have a high pitched honk.

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Wrangler

What a sweet pic and what a sweet dad to take care of babies so mom can sit. [​IMG]

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Wrangler

Your geese are beautiful

6. AliciaM

AliciaM Songster

Apr 18, 2010
    Yelm Washington
    Thank you.. They are my guard gooses... LOL... They are very protective of my call ducks.

7. RURU

RURU Songster

Jan 25, 2011
    Troy, Missouri
    My Coop
    Your geese are lovely. It is so sweet when the gander's take care of the kids while mom sits. I just love the endearing way they care for their goslings or other fowl.....

8. Kathryn4629

Kathryn4629 Songster

Mar 4, 2010
    Colbert, WA
    Hi Everyone. I believe that I have 4 African geese. I am trying g to figure out gender. Honestly I have a feel I that there are 3 ganders and 1 hen... but the one that I think is a hen is the loudest and has always been th[​IMG][/IMG][/IMG]e boss, she got named Buster because she is always busting everybodys bums..

9. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Wrangler

If Buster is the loudest then you may have 1 gander to the females. the ganders are the loudest. High pitched, walk around very erect with head held high.

10. Kathryn4629

Kathryn4629 Songster

Mar 4, 2010
    Colbert, WA
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    OK I think I got the picture thing figured out on my phone..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: