The African and Chinese goose thread!!

Pics
My wife picked up 4 african geese on the way home one day (april 17).
hmm.png

We are trying to figure out where would be best to put them. I see members on here posting pictures of their geese with chickens..do they stick around with the chickens if raised with them and do they go in chicken house at night with them? or should we keep them in a fenced in yard?
hu.gif

We have plans on making a pond by the chicken house just for the waterfowl but for now we are going to put a kiddie pool out there. At the moment they are with 8 week old chicks for safety reasons, they will soon be joining the older ones including three ducks.

My wife picked up 4 african geese on the way home one day (april 17).
hmm.png

We are trying to figure out where would be best to put them. I see members on here posting pictures of their geese with chickens..do they stick around with the chickens if raised with them and do they go in chicken house at night with them? or should we keep them in a fenced in yard?
hu.gif

We have plans on making a pond by the chicken house just for the waterfowl but for now we are going to put a kiddie pool out there. At the moment they are with 8 week old chicks for safety reasons, they will soon be joining the older ones including three ducks.

Can't really help you out on that one, but I've read that some people's geese like to "herd" the chickens around, and others have written that they tend to segregate themselves into groups. Try putting up a new thread on the main Geese page to see what other answers you get!

I like seeing the pics here. I think Africans are very attractive geese, but I didnt end up getting one because Im in a suburban area and I didnt want to take the risk of the noise they are capable of. So I will enjoy my Sebbies and keep looking at the pics in this thread.

I got some Chinese geese last year and they were white and Grey mixed...so my question is, is this normal or do they have another breed of geese in them? I have never seen a splashed goose before but LOVE my girl....does this happen when you mix a white and a brown Chinese goose or do you also have to have the pattern gene....

Back
Top Bottom