The African and Chinese goose thread!!

Pics
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10151315499132312" width="720" height="1280" frameborder="0"></iframe>

The first melt-puddle of the year, and the flock was fighting over it. My usually dominant Africans get a little beat up
sad.png

Here's my contribution to the African family. Another BYCer identified them as production Africans. I'm SO happy that I get to spend another spring with goslings!
ADORABLE!!!!!! Yes, I"m curios about the blue & red spots too.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10151315499132312" width="720" height="1280" frameborder="0"></iframe>

The first melt-puddle of the year, and the flock was fighting over it. My usually dominant Africans get a little beat up
sad.png
The video link didnt work
hmm.png

LOL, thanks! I definitely will. They are Desi and Lucy :)

I really messed up with my last gander, I coddled him so much that when he matured he thought that he was MY boss, and still does on occasion. I'm excited to try the cold shoulder technique :/ lol, is it possible with a gosling??

I just wanted to add a couple of pictures of my White Chinese Gander, Marwyn! He is a total darling, and will be 15 this July.
Here he is dressed for Christmas and going for a swim. :)

LOL, thanks! I definitely will. They are Desi and Lucy :)

I really messed up with my last gander, I coddled him so much that when he matured he thought that he was MY boss, and still does on occasion. I'm excited to try the cold shoulder technique :/ lol, is it possible with a gosling??
I dont think that over-coddling will turn them into brats. Lots of people found this to be helpful https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/561849/geese-training#post_7245388 post # 19 is the best!

I just wanted to add a couple of pictures of my White Chinese Gander, Marwyn! He is a total darling, and will be 15 this July.
Here he is dressed for Christmas and going for a swim. :)

I'm impressed that he likes (tolerates?
tongue.png
) wearing bows!!! What a great gander!

Marwyn is so great! He looks just like my Timmy, but obviously not a jerk. And thanks for that link. I've re read that thread a million times, do you guys have any experience with taking the mean out of a bird that went bad? My Timmy is okay around me most of the time, but it's really hard for me to teach good technique to other people that come by my property.

Last edited:
so i just got a brown chinese goose a baby about 2 weeks a girl and we also got a duck a boy crested runner... I just read that you should always have two chinese geese together cause if you didnt it was cruel. But the little goose follows they duck around and is in love with him. If you pick the duck up and she cant see him she cries. I guess what i am trying to ask is will they make a good pair? I didnt get two duck or two geese cause i do not want them to breed. I just want them as pets

Hi, I am new to the goose area of BYC, I have mainly been a chicken gal until a friend gifted me with a big incubator as a Christmas gift. So I have hatched out Muscovies, and some quail, and last Saturday I came across a woman with some goose hatching eggs. I drooled, and told her I would happily buy the three eggs she has out. Turned out that was the top layer, she had 23 and of course I bought every one of them.
wink.png

So, I need help! I am totally and completely new to this, just consider me a complete dummy and please throw any and all advice at me, pm's, comments here, help me! I THINK I have a pretty good idea of how to take care of them in the incubator, but once they hatch, boy golly, I am going to need help! I set them that evening so this last Sunday is their official day one.

Help me! The box says they are "Brown Chinese Swan Geese".

Back
Top Bottom