The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

We had another one hatch during the night and another one just a few minutes ago, bringing our hatch rate so far to 5 out of 6 or 83%... we're pretty pleased with this rate for shipped eggs! And we're still giving the final egg a couple of more days to see if anything happens with it (we're only on day 22).... Last night's chick is named Godzilla and I think the newest one is Alien. lol DD is over the moon happy!

it's starting to rain so I brought in 4 birds which are shipping out today for their new home... I plan to clean them and pack them up inside so their "featherEx" boxes stay dry...

Last edited:
Four boxes ready with 1 cut apple in each for hunger and thirst.

next toss the hounds into their kennel incase of chicken escape. (Which did happen)
wash their feet, oil their combs, and put them in their boxes.

And ready to go....

Last edited:
:yuckyuck

Too funny!

I have two beautiful chicks fully dried off now, more on their way but I couldn't ask for more. I am so happy!

One is SUPER dark! The other, by contrast, has some white on him. Ironically, the baby with white on him has a black mouth (inside) and comb. Which is interesting, because the other dark one has a lighter mouth and less obvious comb. I can't wait to see what they grow out to look like. They're both Cemani enough for me! The little black and white one, I might name him Domino. He keeps rushing to my hand whenever I put it in the brooder, and is VERY calm. A silent hatcher that completely surprised me. The other dark black one, not so much!  Banty Wyandotte and Cemani hatching right now. Those sleepy babies, taking their time!

Congrats on ur new chicks! Mine r hatching today. I'm seeing some white wing tips in there. Couple super black, but a couple w white on them. All cute, tho.

We had another one hatch during the night and another one just a few minutes ago, bringing our hatch rate so far to 5 out of 6 or 83%... we're pretty pleased with this rate for shipped eggs! And we're still giving the final egg a couple of more days to see if anything happens with it (we're only on day 22)....  Last night's chick is named Godzilla and I think the newest one is Alien. lol DD is over the moon happy!

Congrats on the hatch! Great names!!

Congrats on ur new chicks! Mine r hatching today. I'm seeing some white wing tips in there. Couple super black, but a couple w white on them. All cute, tho.
We've had about the same... a couple very black, a couple with a touch of white/white toenails and one that is half yellow half black. We're very pleased with this hatch overall. Alien is TINY, though.... he's about half the size of the others! Good luck with your hatch!

Take extra care of Alien. Is Alien really dark compared to the others? I've noticed that the darkest ones are also the smallest. I don't know why that is.
It's hard to say at this point, because he's not real fluffed out yet - he looks silverish underneath a bit, but then it's hard to say. He's the one on the far right in this pic, next to the yellow/black one. He's literally about half the size of the others. But he is eating and drinking and joining the heap pile with the others. The one in the left hand bottom corner is very black. I know his beak looks like it has white but it's the red heat lamp throwing off the pic. It's actually very black. One of the ones in the heap has a tiny bit of white but they're all mostly very black I have to say. A couple are silverish underneath. Domino is the odd man out with his yellow stripes! Still no pips on the last one in the incubator. I'm thinking nothing will happen with it, but we're going to give it another day or two... doesn't hurt to wait and see!
This is a pretty crummy picture. lol

Back
Top Bottom