The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

We did find some pictures of his adult male that he posts pictures of claiming it's cemani without it being touched up - I think it's somewhere back in this thread. I can try to dig it up for you, it might give you a clue what your babies will look like when they grow up :)

Edit: Found it for you. Here's the rooster he uses in his eBay ads without all the touching up. Might tell you what your babies will look like. http://www.rarebreedauctions.com/auction_details.php?auction_id=118613

Well that explains a lot.

I think I forgot to post this here - here is the lovely cock that cjwaldon was kind enough to sell to me. He's a beauty. He's got some mulberry in his comb so he'll be replaced with his own offspring once I hatch one that has no mulberry. All the hens have perfect dark combs so they should make some good chicks together. Also please excuse the clutter in the background - I took this on official after-winter clean up day and stuff got thrown everywhere as I was tidying.

I hope you are still happy with him. He's the daddy of this one.

I think I forgot to post this here - here is the lovely cock that cjwaldon was kind enough to sell to me. He's a beauty. He's got some mulberry in his comb so he'll be replaced with his own offspring once I hatch one that has no mulberry. All the hens have perfect dark combs so they should make some good chicks together. Also please excuse the clutter in the background - I took this on official after-winter clean up day and stuff got thrown everywhere as I was tidying.
I hope you are still happy with him. He's the daddy of this one.
He is fabulous!

I've got a grown bobfarm bird...rooster....out of a doz eggs 4 developed, one of these hatched with much help....I eggcropsied the developed but quit too early ones...all four looked exactly like the chicks shown on the rarebreeds link given.
None were fibromelanistic at all....white with black splotches on shanks and toes...
Now this rooster filled in most of its black on legs and toes...but not nearly like my purebred Black Australorps had even at hatch...also none of my Australorps had 'birchen' feathering either....which this rooster of mine is birchen with bright red wattles and comb and gold eyed...which Australorps as well as Ayam Cemani have very dark eyes never light.

Now I've heard from another member here that bobfarm used to only claim Hmong were used...another fibro breed....then switched to claiming these same birds were Ayam Cemani hybrid. ...I think this whole 'line' is so convoluted we don't know for certain anything...except that these don't seem to be even close to Ayam Cemani. ....

I've recently gotten gorgeous Hmong birds but I can't imagine anyone claiming these or any other fibro bird was something they weren't. ...Hmong might be less known and kept privately within families for 50-60 generations or more as a heritage bird....rare and precious in their own right....but because there isn't a craze after other names as like Ayam Cemani, perhaps this false recognized label is used to take advantage of the name recognition?

I'm working on several fibro projects and doing great...impressive results but I'd never call them anything than what they are, including how I came to my results and what breeds were used.

I'd love to share pictures here of this 'birchen'' bobfarm' bird as well my newest precious gift of Hmong and the Svart Hona chicks hatching today, Black Quechua Olmecs, Mapuche Huastecs, South American Composite fibro birds.....
My advice buy from someone only with an established track record of very happy customers. ..showing responsible culling and breeding techniques to improve fibro and strengthen the breeding results with vitality in good healthy deep fibro chicks too.

None of my fibro project chicks have light toes or feet on f1 breeders or f2 which I'm breeding now too.

Be responsible be blessed...have incredible black beauties in all you hatch.
Don't compromise if it means keeping traits unwanted in this breed...the only way to improve is hard culling....using best of each generation to improve next generation.

Final (I guess) update on the eBay scammer:

I finally communicated at length with eBay regarding the negs the scammer is now getting for chicks hatching yellow, for eggshells the very wrong color, and so on, and for stolen photos. End result? They don't care. As long as she is not stealing pictures from other active eBay auctions, they "Can't do anything". Also, won't do anything.

Well, a few negs on each of the active accounts have brought her sales to what looks like a screeching halt, except for the auction currently running with a starting price of $.99. For "Cemani" eggs! Maybe somebody's bidding just so they can leave a neg.

I guess the phrase is, caveat emptor.

Final (I guess) update on the eBay scammer:

I finally communicated at length with eBay regarding the negs the scammer is now getting for chicks hatching yellow, for eggshells the very wrong color, and so on, and for stolen photos. End result? They don't care. As long as she is not stealing pictures from other active eBay auctions, they "Can't do anything". Also, won't do anything.

Well, a few negs on each of the active accounts have brought her sales to what looks like a screeching halt, except for the auction currently running with a starting price of $.99. For "Cemani" eggs! Maybe somebody's bidding just so they can leave a neg.

I guess the phrase is, caveat emptor.

Would you be so kind as to remind me who this is and all known aliases?

Back
Top Bottom