The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

They're not a very big breed. My TM line hens are around silkie size I would say.
Okay, Thanks! This is my only one from Boggy Bottom Bantams, it had a rough hatch (it almost drowned) and is feathering in a lot slower than the rest. It's comb is still really tiny so I'm hoping it's a girl.

Hello chicken breeders. I am a fly tier in IL and good friends of Jerry of IL. I would like to ask if any one breeds Andalusian'sand or more specifically the Old English blue- breasted blue Game. i have a book called Fly-Tying Development and Progress by John Veniard Date 1972. Chickens and very important to fly tiers as they have for Eons( a very long time). Also the color Known as "Dun". The color known as "Dun" has a ton of varied of shade's hues, and names. Dun is also called an adult insect witch the word get's confused for. But getting back to chickens, different breeds of chickens are raised for the color, length, and qualities. The qualities i am taking about are the feather stem and how the feather wraps around the hook. Each person breeds differently and has there own view points on what the chickens feathers should do. As a fly tier and if anyone knows a novice fly tier, Chicken feathers are important but not necessary. Just so everyone who doesn't know this the hardest color to get natural on a chicken is any form of Dun. The Dun's can been almost black, To a honey or creamy color., and also bronze or brownish in color. So with that said do any of you breed for fun or do you do it for money? I thought i should post things form my angle and see what people think. Happy breeding and cock a do a do.

I would love a critique on this pullet's shape etc. She just started laying and is my 1st generation. She has a dark mouth and hatched out all black as a chick.

I seem to have 2 types of females--her type with the chisel shaped tail, very slender and narrow and a rounder 'fatter' but still small type with a 'closed' tail.

I think she looks great. I like that she has a more slimmer body and not so fluffy/fat looking full of feathers. But to each their own

Not the best quality pictures, but these two hens that a friend have, is what i would love to see the the American Cemani eventually become like or similar :)

Last edited:
I've got a broody AC. She darn near took my fingers off when I reached into the nest box yesterday to collect eggs because I didn't see her there at first. Today I'll mark her eggs and let her hatch whatever she's got, probably about six eggs. I'll be waiting until she's off the nest before I mark which eggs are hers because she acted like she wouldn't hesitate to draw blood! Very fierce broody, apparently.

My broody AC growls and then pecks at my hands. I use it to her advantage by putting soaked bread in my hand which she picks up & eats. I worry about broodies getting dehydrated & thin. My other broodies go into a trance and won't touch anything I offer them by hand. Crazy birds.

My broody AC growls and then pecks at my hands. I use it to her advantage by putting soaked bread in my hand which she picks up & eats. I worry about broodies getting dehydrated & thin. My other broodies go into a trance and won't touch anything I offer them by hand. Crazy birds.

I had to lift her off the nest today to mark her eggs. She really tried to bite me but I dodged her, lol. She's got six cemani eggs and one egg from my leghorn girl that's getting old and I'd like to have a daughter from. We'll see how she does.

Back
Top Bottom