The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

Pics
Well I'm sick, the chickens are sick my bf and I had a cemani on the sofa earlier today from my newest batch. Her name is Babs

Everyone is getting a 2nd injection of tylan today after a white bresse was found dead yesterday until the vet can get around. It's the holidays, so of course it happens now :)

Last edited:
Well I'm sick, the chickens are sick my bf and I had a cemani on the sofa earlier today from my newest batch. Her name is Babs

Everyone is getting a 2nd injection of tylan today after a white bresse was found dead yesterday until the vet can get around. It's the holidays, so of course it happens now
smile.png

How do you know the chickens are sick? Are they showing any symptoms besides the dead White Bresse?

Yes I do. But at this time of year, I separate out the roos from the hens. The girls need a break from those not so gentle roos. Plus it is really too cold in most states in the U.S. to ship egg and chicks. So I will start back up again in the Spring.

Yes, others showed signs of sickness but not cocci. It was an upper respiratory thing, which is why I had to go the tylan route. Otherwise I normally do not like to use medication on my flocks, but sneezing, wheezing needed to be taken care of.

Back
Top Bottom