The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

So sorry to hear there are more scams running out there... Imagine my surprise when bobfarm referred me to the ayam cemani thread here on BYC to try to justify why s/he calls the chipmunk babies the "wild type" but never responded when I pointed out that later in the thread a post spells out specifically why the seller's logic is flawed... or when I pointed out all of the discussion of why bob farm's chicks aren't pure and why the selling methods are shady. Our most promising all black baby now has feathers coming in the legs. Super bummer. Also, eBay removed our honest feedback so the seller still has a 100% POSITIVE.

I too got eggs from that seller before I knew better. I also left negative feedback, not about the eggs or hatch rate as they state feedback can only be about the sale. So I purposely left my negative feedback on communication & not providing paperwork the ad said they would. EBay still removed it. When I was looking for my feedback I saw another had left negative feedback which was then gone the next time I checked. What is the point of feedback if it gets removed?

Last edited:
I too got eggs from that seller before I knew better. I also left negative feedback, not about the eggs or hatch rate as they state feedback can only be about the sale. So I purposely left my negative feedback on communication & not providing paperwork the ad said they would. EBay still removed it. When I was looking for my feedback I saw another had left negative feedback which was then gone the next time I checked. What is the point of feedback if it gets removed?

My husband is having that SAME FIGHT with eBay right now because, as he sees it, eBay is just as guilty of scamming because they don't back the guarantee that appears on the auction page and the allow the seller to control all the feedback. Might be worth emailing them just so there's more than one unhappy buyer.

I still see negative feedback on a scammer's DSR...(?)
I wonder if the AG/FTC would frown on eBay's profit from KNOWN Scammers?
Should get any/all that have been scammed and file a class-action against eBay/Paypal for compensatory and PUNITIVE damages.
That'd probably put a stop to it...maybe.
False advertising, not honoring their contract and throw in racketeering for the hell of it (as they profit off of phony sales...) add to that they impede freedom of speech for feedback (imo). Equal treatment for bad egg sellers s/b the norm.

Last edited:
I asked @askebay about this on Twitter and was pointed to a document detailing when feedback can be removed. I believe mine was removed because I had received a refund (it met no other criteria for removal - I didn't swear, mention investigations, or use forbidden words like fraud). However, one negative from a canceled sale is still there - someone bid and cancelled, and their feedback was allowed to stand. Not that it matters insofar as warning prospective buyers: the seller is no longer doing listings on that ID anyway.

The seller has made over $2300 in sales on "ayam cemani" eggs alone in the last 3 weeks, not including other "rare breeds". My brother (who works at Boeing) says he clearly needs to take up selling eggs, as it's far more lucrative when you know where the loopholes are.

I understand not being able to leave neg feedback about USPS handling (which is beyond seller's control) or hatch rate, but surely it should be acceptable to leave feedback regarding eggs that hatch the wrong breed entirely.

Last edited:
Just got into the thread here, I think I've seen this gent on eBay but never transacted. How sad a few of you got scammed. Someone just tell the government about all his new "income"... ;)

Regardless, my husband would really love to own this breed someday. I'd personally like to go with Swedish Black Hens for the cold tolerance, but we'll see!

I asked @askebay about this on Twitter and was pointed to a document detailing when feedback can be removed.  I believe mine was removed because I had received a refund (it met no other criteria for removal - I didn't swear, mention investigations, or use forbidden words like fraud).  However, one negative from a canceled sale is still there - someone bid and cancelled, and their feedback was allowed to stand.  Not that it matters insofar as warning prospective buyers: the seller is no longer doing listings on that ID anyway.

The seller has made over $2300 in sales on "ayam cemani" eggs alone in the last 3 weeks, not including other "rare breeds". My brother (who works at Boeing) says he clearly needs to take up selling eggs, as it's far more lucrative when you know where the loopholes are.

I understand not being able to leave neg feedback about USPS handling (which is beyond seller's control) or hatch rate, but surely it should be acceptable to leave feedback regarding eggs that hatch the wrong breed entirely.

I did forget about the refund part. That loophole is worse than the egg condition loop.

The one thing I don't like about the ACs so far is how flighty they are. No matter how often I attempt to interact with them, it's always a dead panic when I appear in their world.

Mine are actually pretty friendly. The pullets I raised myself especially. They don't like being reached for when you're trying to pick them up off the ground, but it they're up perched on something they let me pet them.

Back
Top Bottom