The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

No, any pale color patches on the feet will always be that way... the toe nails tend to go dark.

It is not so much the pale spots on the feet themselves but rather what they fortell... Which is, that the bird is not fully saturated with the black gene. And thus will probably turn red in the waddle at puberty.

Last edited:

Middle toes, both feet

figured i would post some pics
svart honas in the background cemani in front

two cemani females with red bands...any white on their chests is bc they are piggies and get food all over them as you can see from the one on the right by its mouth

svart honas

ayam cemani

ayam cemani and svart honas in both pens...older ones are in the back

hope this gets this thread back on the cemani chicken roll

No, not true.
Svarts and cemani to most people are identical.
I've raised both. I can honestly say the svarts I've seen in the U.S. In general are much darker than the cemani here currently.

I've been trying hard to figure out how to upload pictures of a fibro breeding chart and a comparative picture of Svart vs Cemani. Since I am technology stupid, I'll give you a run down of the pics:
Svarts are supposed to be a bit rounder, while Cemani should have a more upright stance, and gamey appearance. Both birds should be black through and through, though it is not abnormal for either breed of these to have color leakage and mulberry in the comb/wattles/ears.
My lovely fibro gene chart tells the story of the fibro genetics, and how they can be passed on. Double fibro will lead to Darth Vader birds when bred to another double fibro. The best way to find out if you have double or single fibro is to breed your bird to a non fibro. The offspring will give you a pretty good idea of the fibro gene.
Sorry, but I wish I could post a picture.

Back
Top Bottom