The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

Has anyone heard of someone that has attempted to cross a fibro breed with a colored egg layer to develop a fibro breed that lays blue/chocolate eggs? I'm interested in doing this as a project and seeing the results of any previous attempts would help immensely

@Pyxis did a sex-linked fibro cross of Cemani over Legbar hens, I believe... WalnutHill is interested in similar and my other half wants some too, lol...

@Pyxis did a sex-linked fibro cross of Cemani over Legbar hens, I believe... WalnutHill is interested in similar and my other half wants some too, lol...

I did but never kept the offspring. I still have a legbar in that flock, haven't hatched any more of her eggs though.

I did but never kept the offspring. I still have a legbar in that flock, haven't hatched any more of her eggs though.

Didn't Ross get some of those eggs too? Can't remember if those hatched or if she kept any...

I've got Ameraucanas I might use, but also 4 Legbar hens and no cockerel right now... after I sell off a bunch of my excess here soon, I'll be moving my breeders around again... might just stick those girls in with Shadrach... :D

I believe someone did manage to do it, google "Dispy Doo hens" on BYC. I believe that what the creator nicknamed them...?

I've found a "Dipsy Doodle Doo," with "Dipsy Goths." Is that who you are talking about?
Thanks for the info guys. I have pretty exceptional BCMs that lay dark eggs and was considering crossing them and some Ameraucanas to my Svart Honas to create a fibro that laid olive/blue/chocolate eggs. I think I'll try to selectively breed them until they look exactly like Svart Hona's again except lay blue eggs, and maybe have tufted cheeks and peacombs.

I've found a "Dipsy Doodle Doo," with "Dipsy Goths." Is that who you are talking about?
Thanks for the info guys. I have pretty exceptional BCMs that lay dark eggs and was considering crossing them and some Ameraucanas to my Svart Honas to create a fibro that laid olive/blue/chocolate eggs. I think I'll try to selectively breed them until they look exactly like Svart Hona's again except lay blue eggs, and maybe have tufted cheeks and peacombs. 
yes that is!

Didn't Ross get some of those eggs too? Can't remember if those hatched or if she kept any...

I've got Ameraucanas I might use, but also 4 Legbar hens and no cockerel right now... after I sell off a bunch of my excess here soon, I'll be moving my breeders around again... might just stick those girls in with Shadrach... :D

Yep she did! I believe one cockerel hatched, lol, so that doesn't help with knowing what color eggs they'd lay. Maybe I'll hatch some more in the spring as see what I get.

I have an all black Ayam Cemani hen that lays blue eggs that hatch out all black chicks. Other than the egg color, I do not see a difference. I sell hatching eggs on eBay and I disclose in my Ayam Cemani ad that "I have 1 hen that lays blue eggs but that they hatch out black chicks and that their order may include a blue egg or 2". I have had 1 person who obviously didn't read my description and immediately left me bad feedback because he took one look at the blue eggs and said I was trying to rip him off. I credited him for the 2 eggs (out of 20). Others have said they were disappointed that they only got 1 or 2 blue eggs in their order and wanted all the blue eggs they could get. I know of 1 other person that also has a Black Ayam Cemani hen that lays blue eggs too. I had thought about working on a project flock of blue egg laying Cemanis but I also raise Ameraucanas and I was told that the egg color of a hens offspring is determined by the rooster and I don't know the parentage of that hen (I purchased her) so I wasn't sure if her blue eggs will breed blue egg laying chickens?

Also, I have several recessive white Ayam Cemanis (all white feathers with black skin). I have 4 roosters but only 1 hen who should be laying anytime now. I am interested in starting a project with them too. I do not know much about genetics. Will 2 recessive whites produce 100% white?

I have an all black Ayam Cemani hen that lays blue eggs that hatch out all black chicks.  Other than the egg color, I do not see a difference.  I sell hatching eggs on eBay and I disclose in my Ayam Cemani ad that "I have 1 hen that lays blue eggs but that they hatch out black chicks and that their order may include a blue egg or 2".  I have had 1 person who obviously didn't read my description and immediately left me bad feedback because he took one look at the blue eggs and said I was trying to rip him off.  I credited him for the 2 eggs (out of 20).  Others have said they were disappointed that they only got 1 or 2 blue eggs in their order and wanted all the blue eggs they could get.  I know of 1 other person that also has a Black Ayam Cemani hen that lays blue eggs too.  I had thought about working on a project flock of blue egg laying Cemanis but I also raise Ameraucanas and I was told that the egg color of a hens offspring is determined by the rooster and I don't know the parentage of that hen (I purchased her) so I wasn't sure if her blue eggs will breed blue egg laying chickens?

Also, I have several recessive white Ayam Cemanis (all white feathers with black skin).  I have 4 roosters but only 1 hen who should be laying anytime now.  I am interested in starting a project with them too.  I do not know much about genetics.  Will 2 recessive whites produce 100% white?
yes recessive white to another recessive white will create 100% white. TBH I can't wait to see the results and may contact in the future for birds. There something striking about the white feathers on black skin.

Back
Top Bottom