The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

Has anyone heard of someone that has attempted to cross a fibro breed with a colored egg layer to develop a fibro breed that lays blue/chocolate eggs? I'm interested in doing this as a project and seeing the results of any previous attempts would help immensely

Blue Swedish hens are fibro BBS birds that lay green eggs. I had a weak moment, bid on an auction I didn't need, and ended up w a trio of them, lol. They're nice birds, and striking to look at.

Also, I think there are some South American breeds of fibro birds that lay blue eggs. They look to have Aracauna ancestry. Can't remember where I saw them. Perhaps one of the other fibro threads.

Yes they are very striking and their skin is darker than in my black feathered birds (which can have more blue in it). Since I have several roosters and only 1 hen, if I breed the white roosters to black hens, will the offspring have the recessive white in them?

00101_duPUbfOg1pi_600x450.jpg

Blue Swedish hens are fibro BBS birds that lay green eggs. I had a weak moment, bid on an auction I didn't need, and ended up w a trio of them, lol. They're nice birds, and striking to look at.

Also, I think there are some South American breeds of fibro birds that lay blue eggs. They look to have Aracauna ancestry. Can't remember where I saw them. Perhaps one of the other fibro threads.
TBH I thought they were just a mutt between a Silverudds and a Fibro bird :idunno

Yes they are very striking and their skin is darker than in my black feathered birds (which can have more blue in it).  Since I have several roosters and only 1 hen, if I breed the white roosters to black hens, will the offspring have the recessive white in them?

00101_duPUbfOg1pi_600x450.jpg
if I remember correctly if you breed white to black it'll produce 50/50. 50 with show and the other 50 will carry. If you can find the birds that carry the white gene and if it the hen you could breed the rooster back to her and produce possible more whites that way.

I have 4 Svart Hona/Ameracauna cross pullets. I know at least one lays blue. I plan on crossing back to an Ameracauna rooster. Then back to a Cemani. I am not knowledgeable on genetics yet, but plan to learn more. I want an all black Blue egg layers with beards and muffs!

I see Swedish Blues on RBA from time to time, I've been tempted to bid more than once. I'm interested in a fibro bird that's 100% black, lays blue eggs, and breeds true (for the most part, some white toes or feathers every now and then would be understandable). I wonder if this has been achieved yet.
idunno.gif

I have 4 Svart Hona/Ameracauna cross pullets. I know at least one lays blue. I plan on crossing back to an Ameracauna rooster. Then back to a Cemani. I am not knowledgeable on genetics yet, but plan to learn more. I want an all black Blue egg layers with beards and muffs!
That's exactly what I want! We may have to collaborate on a project one day

Back
Top Bottom