The Animals of our local Shelter

Pics
It's my two days off from the shelter and I thought I'd take that chance to update things. Adoptions have been going very well. Nadia, Lester, Matrix and Uno are adoption pending while Comet is waiting for the go-ahead for her new home. Buster was also adopted out to a good home, joining Josie, Oliver, Libby and others on that list of "happily-ever-after" dogs.

Goldie, a Golden Retriever mixed with some sort of short-legged dog breed, is being boarded for a little while at the shelter. She knows everyone there and is a real sweetie.

This is Hancock, enjoying a chance to go on a walk and get some of that energy out. He is a very sweet, friendly, nice dog that just doesn't enjoy going through door-ways (he will lock up his legs and refuse to move).

Fuzz Bucket is a stray that got brought in, a Pyrenees mix it looks like. He's a great dog but remains in quarantine so I didn't get a chance to walk him.

Niko the pug-mix enjoying a walk outside.

Meteor, the Border Collie mix, having a run out in the dog-yard.

Morton, the Bulldog, saying high from the Quarantine run. Yes, the dogs do have pools to play in and they love them. : )

General, enjoying a chance to be out in the fresh-air. It was hot that day and they like to come back in for some shade and a drink pretty quickly once they sniff around the yard.

A bad picture, I know, but this is the only one I could get of Cooper. He is a puppy and won't sit still. : )

Niko enjoying a chance to spend time with Fender, a dog that was adopted by a staff member. Fender likes to spend time with the smaller, gentler dogs at the shelter and keeps them company.

Durango out on a walk, saying high to Fuzz Bucket through the fence.

Thor, Durango, Morton, Brandy, Coco, Hancock, Hartley, Fuzz Bucket, Marx, Jimmy, Coco (the other Coco), Pebbles, Niko, Benji, Meteor, Clementine, and Danby are all in quarantine right now, while Karmin, Delilah, LouLou, Snoops, BJ, and General are up for adoption. Garrick, Katia, Clancy and Shelby are in foster homes for the time being.

We also have six new kittens: Batgirl, Bubbles, Blossom, Marsh Mellow, Bolt and Benny. They are siblings, all about 4-6 weeks old from the look of it. All the girls are calicos while the dudes are black and white. Already the TLC they are receiving is making them feel better and helping them get rid of any bacterial, viral or parasitic infections (and trust me, did they have worms like CRAZY).

The foster kittens are also doing really well, learning to eat from a dish and exploring new rooms. They are out and about right now, and keep trying to retype things on my computer. : )

It's my two days off from the shelter and I thought I'd take that chance to update things. Adoptions have been going very well. Nadia, Lester, Matrix and Uno are adoption pending while Comet is waiting for the go-ahead for her new home. Buster was also adopted out to a good home, joining Josie, Oliver, Libby and others on that list of "happily-ever-after" dogs. Goldie, a Golden Retriever mixed with some sort of short-legged dog breed, is being boarded for a little while at the shelter. She knows everyone there and is a real sweetie. This is Hancock, enjoying a chance to go on a walk and get some of that energy out. He is a very sweet, friendly, nice dog that just doesn't enjoy going through door-ways (he will lock up his legs and refuse to move). Fuzz Bucket is a stray that got brought in, a Pyrenees mix it looks like. He's a great dog but remains in quarantine so I didn't get a chance to walk him. Niko the pug-mix enjoying a walk outside. Meteor, the Border Collie mix, having a run out in the dog-yard. Morton, the Bulldog, saying high from the Quarantine run. Yes, the dogs do have pools to play in and they love them. : ) General, enjoying a chance to be out in the fresh-air. It was hot that day and they like to come back in for some shade and a drink pretty quickly once they sniff around the yard. A bad picture, I know, but this is the only one I could get of Cooper. He is a puppy and won't sit still. : ) Niko enjoying a chance to spend time with Fender, a dog that was adopted by a staff member. Fender likes to spend time with the smaller, gentler dogs at the shelter and keeps them company. Durango out on a walk, saying high to Fuzz Bucket through the fence. Thor, Durango, Morton, Brandy, Coco, Hancock, Hartley, Fuzz Bucket, Marx, Jimmy, Coco (the other Coco), Pebbles, Niko, Benji, Meteor, Clementine, and Danby are all in quarantine right now, while Karmin, Delilah, LouLou, Snoops, BJ, and General are up for adoption. Garrick, Katia, Clancy and Shelby are in foster homes for the time being. We also have six new kittens: Batgirl, Bubbles, Blossom, Marsh Mellow, Bolt and Benny. They are siblings, all about 4-6 weeks old from the look of it. All the girls are calicos while the dudes are black and white. Already the TLC they are receiving is making them feel better and helping them get rid of any bacterial, viral or parasitic infections (and trust me, did they have worms like CRAZY). The foster kittens are also doing really well, learning to eat from a dish and exploring new rooms. They are out and about right now, and keep trying to retype things on my computer. : )
Awe, cute! Fuzz Bucket is such a silly name, but I love it!

Things are crazy busy as the Humane society right now. We've got a ton of dogs, a good number of cats, and lots of people adopting (which is awesome, but still involves meetings, paper work, ect). With so many cats too young to be adopted out but needing socialization, I offered to take 5 more along with the 5 I already have. So now I have Ollie, Kai, Cash, Trouble and Bee, a mother cat (Lyla, formerly Lazy Bones) with her trio of week old babies, and an 8 week old nearly large enough to be neutered named Fred.

Anyways, at the shelter dog-wise we've got Niko the pug mix and Sally the puppy, Garrick and Shelby and Clancy and Katia in foster, Goldie in boarding, Delilah the puppy in one of the Connections Rooms, three new Shar Pei mixes (Ryker, Dottie and Floyd), Coco and Pebbles together, Cinnamon (I thought he was Cooper but apparently the brown and white puppy is Cinnamon), Thor, Marx, Fuzz Bucket, Bartley, Clementine, Benji (who got a much needed hair-cut), Danby, Brandy, Coco, Belmont, Comet (going to her new home in a week), LouLou, Durango, Nadia (adoption pending), BJ, Lester, Karmin, Morton, General, Oliver (returned to us the poor guy), Uno (adopted but not yet brought home), Martrix (adoption pending), Meteor, Snoops, Hancock and Jimmy. Yes, as you can see, a lot of dogs, and Sally the puppy might be being joined by her siblings as well.

Then we've got Rupert, Shrimpi, London, Peggy, Domino, Naomi (adopted but not picked up yet), Ajax, Rambo, Nutmeg, Vader, Sirius, Zeke, Walinda, Paws, Pearl, Bolt, Marsh Mellow, Blossom, Batgirl, Ebony, Rowan, Fencer, Minion, Ginseng, Aida, Rags, Bubbles, and Benny the cats not including those in foster (which are the cats I have, Steve, Mr. Cool, and probably a few others).

All and all, we are helping a lot of animals find forever homes, so it's always worth it. : )

Here is Cinnamon, the mix-breed puppy. Cinnamon is the name of my dog too!
smile.png

Ollie playing with Cash in my bedroom.

Pearl and Paws, two new cats at the shelter. They were brought in together and while spending most of their time separate for quarantine, they love getting to cuddle for a little while too.

This has a sore eye and nose the poor guy. He's lucky to be getting the care he needs.

I think this is Kai, but it's hard to tell him from his "twin" brother. His eyes are so gorgeous right now as they change color!

Minion, another new cat at the shelter. He's got long tail hair and long ear hair but the rest of his hair is pretty short. It's cool looking.

Belmont, a Jack Russel who was recently brought in.

Rambo the cream kitten playing with Fred. Rambo is old enough to be neutered and adopted out.

Benji after his haircut. He might be old and have fatty tumors, cataracts and trouble hearing, but he is a total sweet-heart and deserves a happily-ever-after.

I'll keep ya'll updated!

Things have been up and down lately as far as good-news and bad. The Humane Society is getting painted, new trees have been planted, and I hear rumors of an outdoor cat pen attached to the Cat Room. However, we also lost Oliver the great-dane mix and Floyd the Shar Pei (RIP guys) and I have a feeling Benny the kitten didn't make it either. I sure hope he is just in a foster home somewhere and I don't know it.

Anyways, up for adoption are LouLou, Durango, BJ, Lester, Karmin, and Snoops. Uno, Matrix and Comet remain in holding but are adopted. We've got a lot of dogs in quarantine including Coco and Pebbles, Jimmy, Hancock, Meteor, Morton, Wrangler, Ryker, Dottie, Thor, a new female pit mix that hasn't been named yet, Marx, Fuzz Bucket, Heartly, Clementine, Benji, the other Coco, Danby, Brandy, Delilah, Niko, Cinnamon and General. Garrick, Katia, Shelby and Clancy remain in foster homes, though Clancy is up for adoption on-line. Goldie I think is still being boarded.

On the cat side of things we've got Lyla (Lazy Bones), Oz, Twilight, Nocturne, Rambo, Steve, Fred, Ollie, Cash, Bee, Trouble, Kai, and Mr. Cool in foster homes. Up for adoption are Peggy, Mumsy, Memo, Rupert, Ebony, Aida, Rags, London, and Shrimpi. In quarantine are Nutmeg, Naomi, Newton and Ash, Fencer, Rowan, Walinda, Paws and Pearl, Bolt, Marsh Mellow, Blossom, Batgirl, Bubbles, Minion (just neutered), and Prissie. Ginseng remains in boarding.

Ryker, the Shar Pei mix. He came in with Floyd and Dottie and is the healthiest of the bunch. He is still on early quarantine so I haven't gotten a chance to walk him, but he seems like a sweet guy.

Benji, barking with excitement because he can hear me talking. You can see the reflection of the cataracts in his eyes causing his blindness.

Wrangler, a Shepherd mix of some-kind with a curly tail and a strange way of carrying all his weight on his shoulders. He is in early stages of quarantine.

LouLou the Pit x Hound getting that extra energy out with a run.

Morton my silly-boy giving a happy grin after running in mad circles for the complete fun of it.

The new dog, too nervous to come inside but hopefully she'll settle down soon.

Fuzz Bucket showing his gentle eyes. He is looking cleaner then before, so hopefully he got a much needed bath (or at least a good brushing).

Bucky the Terrier mix remained for only a short while before his owners came and picked him up. Yay Bucky!! : )

Niko gets his own private corner of the Vet Room to chill. The second bed is in case Fender comes over to hang out with him. Those two are so spoiled. : )

Cinnamon was spayed and so is in a recovery crate for the time being. She is such a hyper little sweet-heart, very eager to be with people and show off her playing skills.

Another picture of Wrangler.

Another picture of Ryker. The panels to the outdoors were closed today because it kept things air conditioned. I would open them for the dog that got to go out in the run and then close them back up again so as not to waste the cooling air that all the people and animals appreciate.

Benji enjoying a sniff. He likes to think he's spry and young, even kicking at the grass after using the bathroom. He did it in slow motion, mind you, but he seemed to think he was something special afterwards all the same. : )

Hartley enjoying time to run around. He isn't neutered yet and sure things he's a tough man but really he's just a sweet little beagle.

Meteor sticking her tongue out at me. She just wanted to play, even though I was taking care of another dog at the time.

I'll post some more pics in a moment.

This here is Dottie, the other Shar Pei mix. She is over-weight and has runny eyes but hopefully will get better with time just like Snoops did.

Marx the mix-breed, knowing I will give him a treat.

The now of Coco (or possibly Brandy, they look pretty similar). She also knows that I'm going to give her a treat, hints her excitement. They don't bark at me when I get near them anymore, I think they know my voice.

Another silly picture of Morton while he runs out his energy.

And another. Look at those lips!!

Durango barking in excitement at getting to be in the fresh-air (and getting a treat, don't forget that).

Nadia trotting the border, looking for places to mark her territory.

BJ running in that all familiar BJ fashion. He's got incredible shoulders.

Lester and Thor racing in their separate runs. It's all in fun, not aggression. You can tell they enjoy getting to play with one another.

Lester racing the dog on the other side of his run, Matrix's new girl friend.

Lester saying hello to Matrix and his girl-friend.

Danby sniffing the grass. His thick mane of hair made the hot weather a little uncomfortable to him, but he's calm enough that he didn't need to run around to enjoy his time outside.

Cinnamon the puppy, enjoying a little time outside. She was very nervous outdoors compared to her hyper-self indoors. She must not be that use to it. She is up for adoption now and eager for a new home. Very loyal and sweet.

Morton, once again being my silly-boy as he plays "Catch-me-if-you-can" his all-time favorite game. He comes through that gate just so that he can run in mad circles around me.

Coco or Pebbles. The two sisters are being kept in the same room as Niko, since they are not yet up for adoption. They can be noisy and nervous, but are otherwise sweet, pretty things that will hopefully find a nice home together.

Hartley enjoying a run. He is a very good boy, just needs to be neutered. : )

Back
Top Bottom