The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

Pics
Okay, Red Barred can be made by breeding:

Barred Rock rooster X RIR hen

Then breed Barred Rock/RIR F1, back to mother, or unrelated RIR hen.
This will result in Regular Barred, Black, Red Columbian, & Red Barred Columbian Offspring.

Take only the Red Barred Columbians, & breed from those for 100% Red Barred birds.
Thanks, the best rout would be with Rhodebar Rooster over a RIR hen. That is how the Improved Rhodebar project got started many years ago(I gave some technical support). it was more difficult because it required the Auto-Sexing trait to be regained. But if All you want is Red Barring. Then it's a pretty straight forward breeding project.

1655750306445.png

1655751859126.png

Last edited:
This is the thread to ask anything related to genetics to me.
Hello chicken friend, thank you for being a valued resource to all of us here! :highfive:

Are you able to tell me if crossing a Bielefelder with a cream Legbar would produce auto sexing olive eggers or not.?

Sorry if the question has been asked/answered already.

Hello chicken friend, thank you for being a valued resource to all of us here! :highfive:

Are you able to tell me if crossing a Bielefelder with a cream Legbar would produce auto sexing olive eggers or not.?

Sorry if the question has been asked/answered already.

Auto Sexing Green Eggers? Yes 100% of the F1s hens will lay green eggs. How to make them breed true(as in to crate a line that breeds 100% true) that is a bigger project.

As far as I am aware Bielefelders don't lay Dark Brown eggs, but brown eggs like Barred Rocks and RIR. So the color will be of a green tone but not Olive

Thanks, the best rout would be with Rhodebar Rooster over a RIR hen. That is how the Improved Rhodebar project got started many years ago(I gave some technical support). it was more difficult because it required the Auto-Sexing trait to be regained. But if All you want is Red Barring. Then it's a pretty straight forward breeding project.

View attachment 3156041

View attachment 3156059
I forgot about Rhodebars.

Back
Top Bottom