The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

do you know the parent ?
here one of my rooster hatched last yeas .his father is a Blue silver cuckoo marans and his mother is Blue copper marans , so he is a F1 ( mean a first cross )
View attachment 3286305
chooks man

In the posts I linked to, @nicalandia figured out that they were the result of my Blue Australorp rooster over my Light Brahma hen since she had the only pea comb in the flock and the other rooster was a Black Langshan.

Rameses
0809221015c.jpg

Dumpling
0422211938a.jpg

In the posts I linked to, @nicalandia figured out that they were the result of my Blue Australorp rooster over my Light Brahma hen since she had the only pea comb in the flock and the other rooster was a Black Langshan.

Rameses
View attachment 3286306

Dumpling
View attachment 3286308
I can see your Brahma hen is silver based . that make sense . her son with a golden base rooster will have both silver and gold plus the autossomal red .
she is stunning .I think I need to get some Brahma chooks , love the colour too . I have been trying to breed marans variety with this color pattern for years .( french call this variety Hermine noir ) very rare variety in marans population .
chooks man

I can see your Brahma hen is silver based . that make sense . her son with a golden base rooster will have both silver and gold plus the autossomal red .
she is stunning .I think I need to get some Brahma chooks , love the colour too . I have been trying to breed marans variety with this color pattern for years .( french call this variety Hermine noir ) very rare variety in marans population .
chooks man

I love Brahmas, but I'm focusing my flock on the Blue Australorps. That particular girl went with Ludwig, the Black Langshan rooster, because she was one of his favorite hens and one of the few who was up to his size and weight without going barebacked.

I love the Colombian pattern in any breed. Marans in that color would be truly amazing!

I love Brahmas, but I'm focusing my flock on the Blue Australorps. That particular girl went with Ludwig, the Black Langshan rooster, because she was one of his favorite hens and one of the few who was up to his size and weight without going barebacked.

I love the Colombian pattern in any breed. Marans in that color would be truly amazing!
I posted today a photo of a marans rooster and hen with that pattern ,both where from a show in France few years back ,in this thread . last page 2012
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...er-marans-thread-breeding-to-the-sop.1122465/.
how far are in your Blue Australorps project .. here in Australia we do have stunning Blue strain .
chooks man

I posted today a photo of a marans rooster and hen with that pattern ,both where from a show in France few years back ,in this thread . last page 2012
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...er-marans-thread-breeding-to-the-sop.1122465/.
how far are in your Blue Australorps project .. here in Australia we do have stunning Blue strain .
chooks man

I'm working with hatchery birds, from Welp, and just yesterday hatched the first chicks from pullets I hatched this spring -- including my first splash chick.

I have no interest in showing, but I do want my birds to be decent representatives of their breed. My goal is to produce good layers who do well in my hot, humid climate and who maintain the qualities that make Australorps such excellent backyard birds.

So, I'm in the beginning, learning stages. :)

What is this Roo expressing and what would be a cool bread to mix with him? I have paint buff black Nn and A white sulton silky. Also I have Americanas EEs splash and blue and lavender olive eggers.

Beautiful color, he is likely eb/eb, Co/Co, S/s+, Bl/bl+ he would provide very nice looking Easter Eggers when cross with EE hens.

What are the exact genetics that make up the pumpkin coloration?
It's a very strange phenomenon, it would appear to be a different form of columbian restriction not based on Dark Brown(Db) nor Columbian(Co), it affects mostly the males, where females look very much Wheaten.

1665494135265.png

It's a very strange phenomenon, it would appear to be a different form of columbian restriction not based on Dark Brown(Db) nor Columbian(Co), it affects mostly the males, where females look very much Wheaten.

View attachment 3287659
So, it's unknown?

Back
Top Bottom