The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

Is that real? Those are beautiful! I didn't know a chicken could lay with such a blue tint.
In China, they have a different blue egg mutation on their chickens, but they usually lay the same blue shade. This is the first I see such intense color. Perhaps it's a further allelic mutation that arose from their flock

@nicalandia can you please tell me about the occurrence and inheritance of a coronation comb? I ask because I noticed today that a cockerel I thought had been sired by a Swedish Flower (with single comb, but his father has two small spurs at the back of his comb) has actually grown a rather dramatic coronation crown, and the only roo I had with a recognized coronation crown was a penedesenca. Could the spurs of the possible grandfather have generated the genes for a proper crown, even via a single combed son? Or was the penedesenca the true sire?

Could the spurs of the possible grandfather have generated the genes for a proper crown, even via a single combed son? Or was the penedesenca the true sire?

As far as I am aware The Carnation comb of Penedesenca is a modify single comb. It's found on Penedesenca and Empordanesa. No study shave been made on it's mode of inheritance.

I bought a day old chick last fall (2021). She is an Astra White- white with a few black dots and lays cream color eggs. She is supposed to be a crossbreed from a black astralorp and white leghorn. She started molting after a long broody period. This doesn't look like a black astrlorp or white leghorn. The feathers are coming in grey. What the heck is this girl? Love her to death, just curious as to what i actually have. I know her comb looks bad, but have started her on a higher protein feed. Any ideas?? The pics are what she looked like earlier this year and what she looks like now.

Attachments

• 3BC90334-412C-4053-9C62-35FA681FACC2.jpeg
    3BC90334-412C-4053-9C62-35FA681FACC2.jpeg
    377.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 7CBDE95B-E57F-49D4-A6FC-794F43DAF6C0.jpeg
    7CBDE95B-E57F-49D4-A6FC-794F43DAF6C0.jpeg
    548.4 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom