The Authentic Scavenger Hunt

DSCN4116.jpg

Next: Show me any chicken up on the roost!

Hi @BDutch ,
How's it going over there? Are you staying well? Has the coronavirus affected your area? So far so good in our rural county. Our state is under stay at home orders.
Here's Speckles, a speckled Sussex.
View attachment 2074754
Next, show us another bird named for its color....
Hi @SueT, Yes all is good here. We have restrictions here too. But we are allowed to go outside at places where we can keep a good distance. In my town (40,000) there are 8 in hospital with Corona. And most people work at home now.

My daughter and partner visited today. This is allowed if nobody is feeling sick or is coughing. Tried staying apart. This will be their last visit in a while because my ‘son in law to be’ is going to work in ICU next week.

I have been enjoying the sun (16C ) and my garden today. The weather is really great this week. Temp goes ip to 20C tomorrow. The chickens had to stay in the run because the neighbors put fertiliser on the grass. And my chickens often go there for a stroll.

How are you doing?

Hi @SueT, Yes all is good here. We have restrictions here too. But we are allowed to go outside at places where we can keep a good distance. In my town (40,000) there are 8 in hospital with Corona. And most people work at home now.

My daughter and partner visited today. This is allowed if nobody is feeling sick or is coughing. Tried staying apart. This will be their last visit in a while because my ‘son in law to be’ is going to work in ICU next week.

I have been enjoying the sun (16C ) and my garden today. The weather is really great this week. Temp goes ip to 20C tomorrow. The chickens had to stay in the run because the neighbors put fertiliser on the grass. And my chickens often go there for a stroll.

How are you doing?
Glad to hear....
My husband and I are well. We live in a rural area on 60 acres and never see anyone. We did go to supermarket before dawn a week ago and stock up. We don't know anyone that is sick, but over 1,500 in our state (Missouri) are. I don't think they are doing much testing, it's frustrating.
I planted a garden with cold weather veggies and we are getting lettuce, spinach, and kale from it. We get 3-4 eggs a day. I am hoping my little hen will go broody and I can hatch more more Spitzhaubens and crosses. I have only 1 pair of Spitzhaubens. Our chickens used to be free range, but there was a hawk attack in January, so they are now in a big run all the time. At least until I have raised more Spitzhaubens.
I hope every one of you out there stays safe!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom