The Authentic Scavenger Hunt

Littles and the door of doom!
View attachment 1599320
Next: babies in the funky stage!
DAE455A9-3E6E-4A5D-AA0C-64FD56C9A2CF.jpeg
D1924876-BF2A-4000-86C3-66989E5634DE.jpeg

Next- chicks in the coop for the first time :)

The Birchen cockerel in this photo. Normally I keep them, but his parents were a pair that would give only pullets good coloring, so Nemo had to go.
AC44FC40-7B4B-48BA-9B96-1D428DCD7177.jpeg

Next Hunt: a chicken you hatched, that you though was one thing, but grew to be something else. (Ex, you thought the egg was a leghorn, and had it marked as so, but the chick hatched and grew to be Wyandotte)

I hatched Abra from my silkied Red Cochin pair. Obviously, I was expecting red chicks. When she hatched, I was sure that I hadn't separated her mama from my Silkie rooster long enough and she was half Silkie, half Cochin. Turns out, she's just some kind of hidden recessive gene or something; no Silkie traits at all beyond the silkied feathering inherited from her silkied Cochin parents. I've only hatched 8 chicks from my silkied Cochin pair so far, but she's the only one that's been anything but Red.

Baby A in my hand.jpg
Abra.jpg

Next hunt, how about something like Abie, here; a chick that hatched looking like one color, but feathered in a different color.

I hatched Abra from my silkied Red Cochin pair. Obviously, I was expecting red chicks. When she hatched, I was sure that I hadn't separated her mama from my Silkie rooster long enough and she was half Silkie, half Cochin. Turns out, she's just some kind of hidden recessive gene or something; no Silkie traits at all beyond the silkied feathering inherited from her silkied Cochin parents. I've only hatched 8 chicks from my silkied Cochin pair so far, but she's the only one that's been anything but Red.

View attachment 1599402 View attachment 1599403

Next hunt, how about something like Abie, here; a chick that hatched looking like one color, but feathered in a different color.
Rory. Was a soft blue as a baby, I was expecting a blue and white adult.
20180427_105947.jpg

20181118_191247.jpg

I like this, let's see another unexpected chick to adult transformation

Next- your least favorite bird and why
Rosy the RIR was my least favorite bird. She was a terrible bully to all the other chickens and would peck me and draw blood.
This may be unfair and biased, but I will not get another RIR because of her.
Queen Rose photo.png
Next let's see an ugly poultry themed knick knack. Ugly, weird, or funny, show us what you have.

Back
Top Bottom