Oh I miss the shows!!!!

Attachments

• 17286755-FE46-45C8-B544-AADB8EBF804F.jpeg
    17286755-FE46-45C8-B544-AADB8EBF804F.jpeg
    515.7 KB · Views: 5
another entry from the local chicken pageant
View attachment 2347106
Next a barred chicken or poultry themed knick-knacks, decorations or clothing
I was just saying that it would be great if my chickens wore colored hats because it would be easier telling them apart. With leg bands, you have to bend way down to see what color they have. Hats are much more obvious! :D

Oh, and where is this magical place where they have chicken pageants? Asking for a friend...
In Europe the shows are not for the public to reward prices. Specially trained chicken masters check on looks and sometimes even on behaviour to reward prices to the best looking chickens for the standards. They check the body form, colour of the feathers, weight, comb form, form of tail, wings, head, leg height and color, etc.

The poultry show’s in Europe were often cancelled bc of Corona, and earlier because of diseases like bird flew (aviaire influenza).

Just checked here by searching for poultry show. There are chicken and other poultry shows held online. https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...en-show-ends-october-1.1415476/#post-23246110

ontopic again
Next a barred chicken or poultry themed knick-knacks, decorations or clothing

Oh, and where is this magical place where they have chicken pageants? Asking for a friend...
Carthage, Missouri....as part of their fall Maple Leaf festival. But the pageant and other events are cancelled this year due to Covid. My pics are from previous years. The chicken pageant is mostly attended by kids, tho adults are welcome to participate. They dress up their chickens in costumes for the contest, which is a charity benefit. (@BDutch so it's not the same as a poultry show, it's just a fun event.)
However, here in BYC, we've had dress up your chickens contests...and we don't have to take our chickens anywhere!
Here's a link to a 2018 contest: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/dress-up-your-chicken-mini-contest-2.1233527/#post-19794447
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NEXT HUNT--your most recent poultry pic

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom