The Authentic Scavenger Hunt

Well, I see you were looking for the silkied Easter-eggers from MPC after all, but darn, I have a literal Silkie x Easter-egger mix hen from my flock. 🤣 She actually looks pretty similar to the posted bird except she's not silkied because she's a first generation cross.

I actually took a picture of a really pretty Crele OEGB hen at the Central Indiana Poultry Show on Saturday! That sounds like what you're describing, anyway.

View attachment 2871092

Next, just to make it easy, I'd like to see the picture of your bird or birds that you're most proud of, any fowl. 😊
Can you post your ee silkie cross?? Id really like to see it. They have another option on mpc which is bred back less.

Well, I see you were looking for the silkied Easter-eggers from MPC after all, but darn, I have a literal Silkie x Easter-egger mix hen from my flock. 🤣 She actually looks pretty similar to the posted bird except she's not silkied because she's a first generation cross.

I actually took a picture of a really pretty Crele OEGB hen at the Central Indiana Poultry Show on Saturday! That sounds like what you're describing, anyway.

View attachment 2871092

Next, just to make it easy, I'd like to see the picture of your bird or birds that you're most proud of, any fowl. 😊
Oh she is pretty 😍

Can you post your ee silkie cross?? Id really like to see it. They have another option on mpc which is bred back less.

Sure! Her name is Ganymede and she's the daughter of a White Silkie rooster and a mostly gray-brown Easter-egger hen with a blue tail and a black face.

Ganymede.jpg

I think the white turkeys are the commercial meat turkeys 😬🍗

There are some White varieties that are not the broad breasted meat turkeys, like Beltsvilles and White Hollands. Broad Breasted Whites are the most common domestic turkeys, period, though.

Closest I have to match the hunt is a picture of a Royal Palm turkey, which is white with black markings. It has been more than 2 hours, though, so I guess I could just post that and move things along?

Sure! Her name is Ganymede and she's the daughter of a White Silkie rooster and a mostly gray-brown Easter-egger hen with a blue tail and a black face.

View attachment 2871714

There are some White varieties that are not the broad breasted meat turkeys, like Beltsvilles and White Hollands. Broad Breasted Whites are the most common domestic turkeys, period, though.

Closest I have to match the hunt is a picture of a Royal Palm turkey, which is white with black markings. It has been more than 2 hours, though, so I guess I could just post that and move things along?
She is gorgeous! 😍

View attachment 2871714

Oh i love the little crest.. ok ill be happy with the mixes, whether they are silkied or not. Oh... how is her egg song? Is it the loud goose honk like the silkies 😬 hoping it's not as LOUD 😆

Oh i love the little crest.. ok ill be happy with the mixes, whether they are silkied or not. Oh... how is her egg song? Is it the loud goose honk like the silkies 😬 hoping it's not as LOUD 😆

Well, she does sound like my Silkie girls, but none of them are particularly loud relative to my other birds, if that's any consolation? 🤣

Yes please do

Sorry, I'd gone to bed by the time you'd posted! Here is a Royal Palm turkey:

Turkey, royal palm.jpg

For the next hunt, how about a picture of the rarest breed or variety of any fowl that you own?

Back
Top Bottom