The babies are here!!!! (**1 week old update) *PICS*

Congrats on the chicks!!! They are soooo cute!! I see Cochins, Silkies, EEs, RIRs and Welsummers???? Am I right on some of those?

love the little fuzzies..way to go..but i did not like seeing that video from McMurray Hatchery when they were sexing the chicks...they were not very gentle just squeezing them and throwing them everywhere...
sad.png

Quote:
THANKS!
I have NOOOOO idea. Heres what I THINK i have! Based on looking at Mcmurrays catalog. These babies came from IDEAL.

Silkies
Bantam Cochins
Japanese Bantams
Production Reds or RIRS (????)
Buff orps (????)
EE's

ummm and all the rest i have NOOOO idea.

I'll update pictures in a week. Hope they will be more distinctive then.

I have a question. 3 were DOA, and i lost one about 4 hours after it got home. I have 3 other weak ones.... do I call IDEAL to let them know, or do I wait??? Heres what it says DIRECTLY from the IDEAL website...

"GUARANTEE: We guarantee 100% live delivery of poultry paid for. Please examine the poultry at the time of delivery to be sure they arrived in good condition. If the shipment arrived in poor condition, immediately notify IDEAL and if the shipment was insured, immediately inform your postmaster and complete Postal Form 1000. Every effort will be made to replace your loss. We cannot reship replacements of less than 5: however, the cost of lost products will be refunded. IDEAL MUST BE NOTIFIED BY PHONE OF LOSSES WITHIN 4 DAYS FOLLOWING THE HATCH DATE FOR THIS GUARANTEE TO BE VALID."

They shipped 29 bantams (i ordered 25) 2 were DOA & 1 died later, so a total of 26 live bantams, and they shipped 26 special pullets (1 doa), so a total of 25 live pullets.

SO i am good right?

My question is, what if the weak ones die off tonight and tomorrow? I mean, my order of 25 and 25 is fufilled. So maybe if more than 3 die off, then i should call?

UPDATE!!! 4 died overnight. They were very weak when I got them home. So now, i hvae 47 baby chicks. 3 less than I should have. I will call them this morning when they open.

The pretty speckled one, was one of the weakest, and he is no longer with us
sad.png

hit.gif

Quote:
hugs.gif
but these things happen with baby chicks. Sometimes when they are so stressed in the long airplane ride they tend to die if it effects them enough. I don't think ideal is going to send you anymore chicks . So for your losses though.

hugs.gif
Those chicks (the alive Ones) are in the best place possible. Your taking good care of them. I hope you have no more losses. (and about the speclkled one, its always the favorite that dies!!)

Back
Top Bottom