The babies have arrived! ^_^

@sarahandbray,

I know one of them is my speckled Sussex, one looks like one of my wellies did, and the other two I am not sure, but they are so hard to tell apart! Oddly enough, my two remaining easter egger chicks (one didn't make it) are NOT chipmunks! one of them is mostly black, the other is shades of gray. I am SO interested to see how they turn out!

That latest gray one looks a lot like my Lavender Orpington chicks...not saying it's that, but maybe along those lines? Again, please don't take my advice as a complete novice! :)
Sarah

hah! We all have to start somewhere! and blue orpingtons AND blue marans are on the list of possibilities ;) I am thinking one of those, probably the marans, cause I *think* orpies always have pink or yellow feet as chicks, but hatchery stock aren't great indicators. I have a beautiful blue orp adult right now, and I would love more blues out there ^_^

Last edited:
(Don't worry--I'm in a much more difficult predicament! 1st time with chickens, got the "Special Assortment" from McMurray and have been spending much of the last week cross-referencing with my catalog and this website!! It's fun and exciting, though!)

Back
Top Bottom