The baby coop FINALLY! *VERY pic heavy*

Looking good!
thumbsup.gif

That looks awesome! I hope you don't mind me asking, and you don't have to answer, but was that too expensive? I'm looking for something neat, but not TOO expensive!

All RIIIGHT! Looks very nice! Gonna be some happy chickens there, for sure!

...and those images will be in my mind as I put together the "Lifetime" shed I bought on sale at Lowe's. That's what I'm doing for part of my vacation. I'm still dithering, "Shed? or Coop?"

I am going to put a ginormous brooder in it, though, so it's also going to house baby chickens. Thank you for sharing all the pictures.

wow! where can i get mine??? lol. i would put the broody coop somewhere else though where they can't stand on it and poop on the chicken inside of it
wink.png

I'd screen the hen side of the glass with hardware cloth- put it in a hinged frame so you can clean later. Birds are notorious for flying to the image in glass.
Otherwise, looking good!

I think your brrds would love a platfom, and if you're keeping the cage, you could build over it. It gives extra floor space and allows you to examine a bird at waist height.

cool.png

Last edited:
Cool idea! Trying to get some time to swap doors on our "shed" coop for swing out doors with windows. The sliding ones that came with it are a pain.

I couldn't find a used shed for less than $700 that was still in good shape, so we opted for the metal kit at Lowes for less than $300 new. Easy to cut holes in it for windows!

Course after that, I started to see nice wooden ones on CL for cheap. Figures.

Quote:
The shed itself was fairly expensive. It was originally purchased to house nothing but my DH's harley davidson. I needed a second coop, so he gave me his shed and I bought him a much larger shed for a workshop/bike house. Retrofitting the shed for chickens cost right around $200.
We are still tweaking it. We bought a small fan, just the size of the window in the back and still have to build the shelf for it to sit on. I've ordered a nylon cover for the broody cage. It will give her some privacy, is washable and will protect her from flying poo.
The interior is very much like that of my adult coop and that coop has worked well for my brahmas. We had wanted to have the screened door open out, instead of in, but the logistics of that turned out to be more than we had time to deal with.

Back
Top Bottom