The BANTAM ORPINGTON Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by HenThymes, Dec 4, 2010.

1. OSUman

OSUman GO BUCKS

Apr 17, 2009
    Central Illinois
    Im hoping to hatch out a minimum of 50 of each variety that I have, what is everyone elses plan for this hatching season?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  2. HallFamilyFarm

HallFamilyFarm APA ETL#195

Jan 25, 2010
    Monticello, Arkansas
    We will be hatching every Orpington Bantam egg we do not sell.

Here are some of our Black Orpington Bantam juveniles hatched November 7, 2011. We also listed two pairs of these on the BYC BSA.

[​IMG]

3. HenThymes

HenThymes pippin ain't easy

Feb 27, 2010
    Foothills of NC
    Happy to report that I have chocolate running all over the incubator this evening!! [​IMG]

Hatched several New Years day and so far 5 today with the last two pipped and zipping. [​IMG] Can't wait to see them all in a few days when their fluffed and alert. [​IMG]

For those that don't know, these are from my American Chocolate Orp project. This group are F3's. [​IMG]

4. OSUman

OSUman GO BUCKS

Apr 17, 2009
    Central Illinois
    Quote:[​IMG]
    I think I have one or two of my F2s due next week, and my hen is starting to lay more steadily so I will start setting more [​IMG]. Also have a few other projects that I will be setting eggs for.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  5. comerspoultry

comerspoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2010
    Wapakoneta, Ohio
    Quote:Congrats

6. HenThymes

HenThymes pippin ain't easy

Feb 27, 2010
    Foothills of NC
    I think I have one or two of my F2s due next week, and my hen is starting to lay more steadily so I will start setting more [​IMG]. Also have a few other projects that I will be setting eggs for.

I just love projects! [​IMG]

Oh, forgot to mention I have my first few whites vital in the bator. [​IMG] I think I have a couple going into LD tonight or the next batch due in a few days. [​IMG]

7. OSUman

OSUman GO BUCKS

Apr 17, 2009
    Central Illinois

I just love projects! [​IMG]

Oh, forgot to mention I have my first few whites vital in the bator. [​IMG] I think I have a couple going into LD tonight or the next batch due in a few days. [​IMG]

YAY! I think im getting some eggs from the whites I just got from Don. Havent been collecting eggs for the past week, had to go and finish a few things up.

8. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    I should be getting bantam Orpingtons (somewhat) soon! [​IMG]

9. OSUman

OSUman GO BUCKS

Apr 17, 2009
    Central Illinois

10. kbreak

kbreak Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2011
    Columbia, MS
    What would I need to breed to get bantam orpingtons?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by