The BANTAM ORPINGTON Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by HenThymes, Dec 4, 2010.

1. OrpingtonFreak

OrpingtonFreak New Egg

Dec 15, 2011
    OSU, how can I go about contacting Don? Does he sell eggs or chicks?

2. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    OSUman, plan on making some Mauves with those lovely Blue girls? [​IMG]

3. HenThymes

HenThymes pippin ain't easy

Feb 27, 2010
    Foothills of NC
    Looking good Jon! [​IMG]

Have a few American chocolate in LD due to hatch New Years day. [​IMG] and finally have a few white eggs vital and growing in the bator!! [​IMG] Waintig on blue/splash fertility but it looks like I may have to trim or AI.. [​IMG] Buffs are still on strike. [​IMG]

4. BHep

BHep Overrun With Chickens

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC
    Hey... I just realized that I can now officially join this thread, thanks to HT, I have 2 adorable black bantam Orps. And more in the hatcher due to hatch New Years. [​IMG]

ETA: Pic. of my babies [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  5. HenThymes

HenThymes pippin ain't easy

Feb 27, 2010
    Foothills of NC
    Quote:Oh soo glad you could join us Beth! [​IMG] Got my [​IMG] for the New Years babies. [​IMG] Love seeing pics, can't wait till they get older. [​IMG]

6. HallFamilyFarm

HallFamilyFarm APA ETL#195

Jan 25, 2010
    Monticello, Arkansas
    We have to clean out the brooder house today. Have older birds that are ready to be in other pens. Have not had a working heat lamp in there for months. We remodeled a smaller rabbit hutch into a brooder, thermostat and all. But the Black Orpington Bantams have outgrown that small brooder. They still need some heat. So we will reinstall a heat lamp. We left the thermostat installed to an extension cord, so all we have to do is plug the heat lamp in and move the chicks two feet. They should enjoy the extra space. They will remain there until they no longer need heat.

We have two more backyard coops almost done. The first will be for Buff Wyandotte Bantams. the second we will place the Black/Blue/Splash Orpington Bantams in.

ETA: Our Blacks are all pure Majestic Lane. However, the next Blacks we hatch will be Majestic Lane X Dick Horstman. This cross should really produce some nice Blacks.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  7. OSUman

OSUman GO BUCKS

Apr 17, 2009
    Central Illinois
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

8. OSUman

OSUman GO BUCKS

Apr 17, 2009
    Central Illinois

9. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA

I cant wait to see them!

I'll be working on a LF project in the very near future.

10. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

Both of my mature hens are going thru a HARD molt! They look like horrible pin cushions!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by