The BANTAM ORPINGTON Thread

Honora, I noticed that you live in the SF bay area. Are you allowed to have roosters there?

I only ask because you have blues and splashes. I live in northern Nevada so meeting up if you need to, is a possibility. Let me know please?

I will only be keeping a few pullets so the rest of the chicks will need to find new homes. Are you looking for boys? Most of my chicks I am still not sure what they are, but I am pretty sure I have at least 1 blue & 2 black cockerels.

Ah, unfortunately I only have 2 splash chicks & my son wants to keep 1 of them. I think my son's chick is a pullet but the other I am not sure about yet.

I heard you can usually tell by 6 weeks, right?

I am not sure. Orpingtons are harder for me. With my Andalusians, I can generally tell within 3 weeks, but I've been raising them a lot longer.

I have two blue roosters, two blue hens (that aren't laying) one blue pullet who IS laying, and another blue pullet who is not laying yet. If one of your splash turns out to be a rooster and you want to rehome him, please think of me? A pair would be ideal but I wouldn't take one from your son.

Maybe one of the blue roosters too... depending on how they turn out.

Last edited:
With my LF Orps, I notice that the boys grow feathers more slowly. The combs are of course the big give-away around 4-6 weeks old. Not sure if it's the same with bantams.

Back
Top Bottom