The BANTAM ORPINGTON Thread

Jeremy- Those chicks & that roo look awesome!

My only bantam orp (Cookie) was screeching at me again this morning. At this point I'm not sure if she's thinking about going broody, AGAIN, or if it's my own wishful thinking. So far we've had a mild winter with only 5-7 nights of -10 to -20'F. Today it's a balmy 39'F with sunshine! It feels like spring. My LF lav orps are laying those clean, perfectly shaped eggs for incubation. Such a waste to eat them. Now I see pics of adorable chicks on the screen in front of me. Perhaps it's not Cookie but me going broody. Is that possible?

If my little "Cookie Monster" decides to go full broody I'll let you know.

:)

Last edited:
Hello All. Just wanted to see if there are any of you who are bantam orp keepers, in central Indiana or near!!! I have a flock of my own who are now producing and just got my first hatch from them! I've got Chocolate Barred/chocolate and black!

Hello All. Just wanted to see if there are any of you who are bantam orp keepers, in central Indiana or near!!! I have a flock of my own who are now producing and just got my first hatch from them! I've got Chocolate Barred/chocolate and black!
Hi neighbor!
I'm from the Chicago area. I only have one crazy bantam orp: Cookie. (also known as the Bantam Menace & Cookie Monster when broody) We absolutely love her! Good to know there may be more batam orps in the Midwest.

She's our only bantam orp (English). I love her beautiful round ball-like body & spit-fire personality. She goes broody often, so she can double as an incubator.

I have grow outs everywhere, so I've decided to let go of some bantam Chocolates.
These birds are being sold due to a change in breeding direction, where I'll focus my efforts on building a Blue and Mauve focused flock.
$60, OBO.

I am drooling but my husband says no more. :-(

Hi neighbor! I'm from the Chicago area. I only have one crazy bantam orp: Cookie. (also known as[COLOR=800080]the Bantam Menace[/COLOR] & [COLOR=800080]Cookie Monster[/COLOR] when broody) We absolutely love her! Good to know there may be more batam orps in the Midwest. She's our only bantam orp (English). I love her beautiful round ball-like body & spit-fire personality. She goes broody often, so she can double as an incubator.
She's beautiful! I have been waiting for along time and am getting very excited!! I purchased fertile eggs and had them shipped from 4 other great people here on byc almost a year ago!! The hatch was decent considering they were shipped. I had eggs shipped from Ohio, Nevada,Texas and Virgina. And purchased my barred chocolate roo from a lady in Vermont. My flock has been doing great and I just hatched so far 7, and some still in the incubator! Just love these little guys and wondered if there were any others out there with this bantam breed! I've seen you can find the buff color pretty easy but when it comes to other colors, they harder to find!!

Back
Top Bottom