The Bantam Thread!

Update. The USPS just updated my tracking information to show that I should expect delivery on Friday, October 10th. That means 3 days to move 8 day old chicks a distance of 300 miles...I could walk there and back in 3 days. At this point I will be really surprised if I have a single live bird when I get this delivery.

Yikes! That doesnt sound good. I guess ill stop waiting and listening for the usps truck :/ i bet this is really hurting Ideal and many chicks!

Where did you find the tracking number? I don't see one with mine. I'm surprised its still so hot there in TX, I would think if it were still "summer" the birds woul still be hatching for longer (the bantams are supposedly done for the year).

Where did you find the tracking number? I don't see one with mine. I'm surprised its still so hot there in TX, I would think if it were still "summer" the birds woul still be hatching for longer (the bantams are supposedly done for the year).
Got the tracking number from Ideal. They ship USPS so we are at the mercy of our all too efficient government. The closure of the Abilene Sorting Facility impacts any hatchery I would deal with, not only Ideal. For instance, a shipment from Murray McMurray would in the past come to Dallas, then Abilene then Coleman. Now it would go to Dallas, all the way across state to Houston, then back up some route to Coleman eventually. So their 2-3 day shipping would end up being 3 - 5 days instead. But here is the best. If I order from a hatchery in California in the past it would be El Paso, Abilene, Coleman. Now it would be El Paso, Houston, then back to Coleman and it would pass through Coleman on its way to Houston. I may have to look into incubating my own chicks but that means roosters...Yuk!!!

Well
Got the tracking number from Ideal. They ship USPS so we are at the mercy of our all too efficient government. The closure of the Abilene Sorting Facility impacts any hatchery I would deal with, not only Ideal. For instance, a shipment from Murray McMurray would in the past come to Dallas, then Abilene then Coleman. Now it would go to Dallas, all the way across state to Houston, then back up some route to Coleman eventually. So their 2-3 day shipping would end up being 3 - 5 days instead. But here is the best. If I order from a hatchery in California in the past it would be El Paso, Abilene, Coleman. Now it would be El Paso, Houston, then back to Coleman and it would pass through Coleman on its way to Houston. I may have to look into incubating my own chicks but that means roosters...Yuk!!!

Well i hope everyone makes it. I know sebrights are known as delicate chicks. I wonder if mine is sorted in houston or not? I guess it shouldn't matter though because im sure mine would be flown.
Hopefully you will get yours earlier than tracking expects. Its been off in the past when I was getting something!

Mine went to Buckholts, TX and got a shipping label there at 8:34 AM yesterday... They haven't updated since then though. I'm suprised your tracking gave you so many details. Mine literally only says
Product & Tracking Information

Postal Product:

• Priority Mail 2-Day™
Features:

• $100 insurance included​
  • USPS Tracking™​
DATE & TIME

STATUS OF ITEM

Shipping Label Created

BUCKHOLTS, TX 76518

A shipping label has been prepared for your item at 8:34 am on October 7, 2014 in BUCKHOLTS, TX 76518.

Mine went to Buckholts, TX and got a shipping label there at 8:34 AM yesterday... They haven't updated since then though. I'm suprised your tracking gave you so many details. Mine literally only says
Product & Tracking Information

Postal Product:

• Priority Mail 2-Day™
Features:

• $100 insurance included​
  • USPS Tracking™​
DATE & TIME

STATUS OF ITEM

Shipping Label Created

BUCKHOLTS, TX 76518

A shipping label has been prepared for your item at 8:34 am on October 7, 2014 in BUCKHOLTS, TX 76518.

Mine went to Buckholts, TX (a tiny town of 1,000 with a post office I guess) and stops with them arriving at Houston at 9 p.m. last night. It goes on to say my shipment is in route to its destination but there is no indication of it ever departing Houston. So, God only knows where it may be. If it is, in fact, in route to my destination from Houston and that was last night at 9 p.m. ... I am only a 5 hour drive from Houston. Even if it sat in Houston all night and left there at 9 a.m. this morning it would be here by 2 p.m. this afternoon. Does that mean that it is going to sit somewhere from then until in the morning? It is 91 degrees right now and expected to get hotter. I can't imagine what those chicks are/have gone through.

Mine went to Buckholts, TX (a tiny town of 1,000 with a post office I guess) and stops with them arriving at Houston at 9 p.m. last night. It goes on to say my shipment is in route to its destination but there is no indication of it ever departing Houston. So, God only knows where it may be. If it is, in fact, in route to my destination from Houston and that was last night at 9 p.m. ... I am only a 5 hour drive from Houston. Even if it sat in Houston all night and left there at 9 a.m. this morning it would be here by 2 p.m. this afternoon. Does that mean that it is going to sit somewhere from then until in the morning? It is 91 degrees right now and expected to get hotter. I can't imagine what those chicks are/have gone through.
I wish they would update it.. Sometimes they only update departures and delivered though.

Since yours has been updated more I can only assume my chickies aren't with yours!

Back
Top Bottom