The Bantam Thread!

No news yet. I don't know when the post office updates their tracking if ever but they still have them having arrived in Houston and nothing else. I have passed the going crazy part and am now in the seriously depressed stage. I can only hope and prey that they are here in the a.m. and still alive but I have little hope and nothing to encourage me. I will let you know as soon as I find out tomorrow.
Mine are in the Post Office right now. My husbands been taking my car so I can't pick them up because he didn't leave me a key to his truck.. They will be there about two hours then he will bring them home... I'm nervous to get and open the box! I hope everyone is alive, especially my little sebrights.

Mine are in the Post Office right now. My husbands been taking my car so I can't pick them up because he didn't leave me a key to his truck.. They will be there about two hours then he will bring them home... I'm nervous to get and open the box! I hope everyone is alive, especially my little sebrights.
I just checked with the post office. There trucks have not arrived yet, they are running late. However, postal tracking shows that it went from Houston to Lubbock to Abilene and left Abilene so it should be here this a.m. Lets keep each other posted and post pictures if that are any to post.

I think, at this point, I would just go hot wire the truck...just kidding.

PS - by the way that 300 mile trip to the Hatchery was an almost 1000 mile delivery by the post office.

They are here...THEY ARE ALIVE...9 Sebrights (4 Silver and 5 Golden) and a hand full of mystery chick packing peanuts. They took the scenic route from Cameron, TX to Coleman, TX (300 miles) via Houston and Lubbock (a 1000 mile trip). I know the next 48 hours will tell and I suspect I will loose a couple (a couple of Goldens seem really tired and weak) but they are all eating and drinking and peeping and pooping and sleeping. That sleeping thing is something I will never get used to...just fall over and nap like a dead body.

Thanks to all of you for putting up with my anxiety the last couple of days and a special thanks to user nayeli for commiserating with me over and over.

Now the good part...the pictures...

The seven little red heads in the box are the packing peanuts...any guess as to what breed they are...and yes they are most likely roosters.

The light colored Sebrights are the Silver and the darker ones are the Golden.

They are here...THEY ARE ALIVE...9 Sebrights (4 Silver and 5 Golden) and a hand full of mystery chick packing peanuts. They took the scenic route from Cameron, TX to Coleman, TX (300 miles) via Houston and Lubbock (a 1000 mile trip). I know the next 48 hours will tell and I suspect I will loose a couple (a couple of Goldens seem really tired and weak) but they are all eating and drinking and peeping and pooping and sleeping. That sleeping thing is something I will never get used to...just fall over and nap like a dead body.

Thanks to all of you for putting up with my anxiety the last couple of days and a special thanks to user nayeli for commiserating with me over and over.

The seven little red heads in the box are the packing peanuts...any guess as to what breed they are...and yes they are most likely roosters.

They're precious! And it IS so fun to get those sweet baby chicks. There's nothing cuter!! And they change SO fast.... hoping they all pull through for you!

The extras look like Rhode Island Reds... probably all boys but you never know.
I have 3 mystery chicks and I'll post pictures when they settle down!

I just checked with the post office. There trucks have not arrived yet, they are running late. However, postal tracking shows that it went from Houston to Lubbock to Abilene and left Abilene so it should be here this a.m. Lets keep each other posted and post pictures if that are any to post.

I think, at this point, I would just go hot wire the truck...just kidding.

PS - by the way that 300 mile trip to the Hatchery was an almost 1000 mile delivery by the post office.
Woot Woot! If I knew how to hot wire LOL. I just tried to sleep til Hubby got home! We have 21 chicks right now! I ordered 8, they sent 17 and we have 4 silkies we bought when they cancelled my first order =)
I'm glad your chicks are doing so well! I have one I'm concerned about and its one of my mysteries! They are all peeping like mad right now. They just got home, I showed them all how to drink then most of them went pecking at the food like crazy!

That is what I was thinking...either RIR or Red Ranger Broilers...but I will be surprised if there is a female in there the way they are behaving right now is very rooster like. I may have to take a deep breath and learn how to butcher and dress a rooster in a few months...not something I am looking forward to.

That is what I was thinking...either RIR or Red Ranger Broilers...but I will be surprised if there is a female in there the way they are behaving right now is very rooster like. I may have to take a deep breath and learn how to butcher and dress a rooster in a few months...not something I am looking forward to.
I got BSL and I'm trying to sell them... We can't butcher, and I'd love to shrink my chick population!

Here are your pics!

I threw in a couple pics of my silkies too.The ones I closed up on are the assorted bantams so I'm going to have to try to figure out what breeds they are =)
Everyone is doing well... I already got pooped on.. and hopefully I can sell the BSL's soon. I don't want to get attached and the chicken math got me so I need to do some chicken subtraction before hubby gets annoyed.

Back
Top Bottom