The beginning of my Pallet Coopaloop!

I also built a pallet coop last year. I got my shingles 1/2 price at Lowe's because the package was tore open.
My only out of pocket cost was for shingles, box of deck screws, a roll of 4 mil plastic sheeting, 4 cinder blocks & paint.

my price of the build has gone over 100.00 at this point but it is seriously coming together. it has been a fight (ok more like a nagging bickering standoff of ideas) between me and mr gapeach during this build....BUT....i am probably ay 75% done and plan on finishing it this weekend!!! Chicks will move in as soon as i feel it is fit for them. It poured over night (awesome! working in mud....again....) but at least I will know if it held up to the roof test last night when I go out there in a bit! More pics to come!!
wee.gif

i love your blog and coop!!!
thumbsup.gif
i am NOT looking forward to more work today bc my allergies have me miserable and as usual my head is pounding, but, the show must go on!
D.gif

Love it. We are about to start work on our coop (I hope) and I would love to do one out of pallets. Where did you get all yours from? I cant think of anywhere around here that would part with theirs.

I love the idea of using pallets for you coop. I just got 3 baby Buff Orpingtons 3 days ago. We have never had chicks before and we need to build our coop. Right now we are just working on scounging any scraps from anyone that we can.

I found that places like Walmart and Kmart and homedepot sell theirs back to the company. But, try carpet places (I got 27 in one weekend from one carpet flooring place), also try paint stores, auto stores like auto zone, pool accessory places, and mechanical shops. I would say including predator proofing, I am up to 85% done!!! I am hoping to finish all but paint tomorrow!!! I will post lots of pics tomorrow!! Post yours too!! :D

Cant wait to see how yours looks finished. I called our local feed store and they said they sell theirs for $2 a piece. Imma try some of the places you listed monday and see what i can find. I never woulda thought to look there.

Check Craigslist, that's where I got the ad for the 27 I got at the one flooring company that built most my coop and all my fence! :D

I cannot even begin to tell you how hard this has been so far!!! OMG!!!

A good solid week's worth of work in it now, and we STILL arent done!! Granted, we have never built anything before, and I opted to NOT tear pallets apart, but to use them whole, so there was a LOT more to brace!

anyhow, here is some pics I took tonight. I still need a door, lighting, the run, and more plus the painting of the whole outside, but I give you the "Coopaloop"

TA-DA!!
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom