The Best Black Copper Marans, Who has them?

This appears to be the old male that you posted earlier. The pen of young males were what I was talking about. Not a problem as I was only trying to give you a pointer.

Thank you for the suggestion. I do appreciate the advice and the suggestions. This is wht we have bred out of the new birds. The last photo I posted was of the newest males we hatched. This is what I consider to be the best yet from my stock. You did get me looking at all my males and i have decided to cull the last generation in lu of this new generation. These are very bery close to what I want. My this years eggs will come from these beautiful males. Once again thank you for your suggestions.

I had to do quite a bit of digging to find out what Bluewater Ranch is. It is located on Bluewater Rd. in Livingston, Texas. Their foundation stock was a mix of multiple Wade Jeane strains and the Bev Davis line. The Flock owner is named Helen Byers.

In an Ebay Listing Helen indicated that she wins at every show she goes to and that she attend the Blue Bonnet Classic every year. The 2014 Blue Bonnet Classic was held last week end (1/4/2014)

There were 8 Marans exhibitors at the January 4, 2014 show. The show results are below.

Quote:
I didn't run into Helen at the show or see any of her birds but she may have been there with her Marans (???). I didn't see her listed in any of the show results that I could pull up from the past few years. I don't have a complete list and could have missed her though (???).

Helen appears to specialize in shipped eggs and has some positive feed back on hatch rates of shipped eggs and egg color. I would contact her directly to learn more about her Marans and request information on her flock.

P.S. I got lucky and had a young hen lay a clutch of really big and dark eggs at the beginning of her laying cycle in December. I took some of these eggs to enter in the egg show at the Blue Bonnet Classic. They are the dark ones on the bottom row. :)

Last edited:
I had to do quite a bit of digging to find out what Bluewater Ranch is. It is located on Bluewater Rd. in Livingston, Texas. Their foundation stock was a mix of multiple Wade Jeane strains and the Bev Davis line. The Flock owner is named Helen Byers.

In an Ebay Listing Helen indicated that she wins at every show she goes to and that she attend the Blue Bonnet Classic every year. The 2014 Blue Bonnet Classic was held last week end (1/4/2014)

There were 8 Marans exhibitors at the January 4, 2014 show. The show results are below.

I didn't run into Helen at the show or see any of her birds but she may have been there with her Marans (???). I didn't see her listed in any of the show results that I could pull up from the past few years. I don't have a complete list and could have missed her though (???).

Helen appears to specialize in shipped eggs and has some positive feed back on hatch rates of shipped eggs and egg color. I would contact her directly to learn more about her Marans and request information on her flock.

P.S. I got lucky and had a young hen lay a clutch of really big and dark eggs at the beginning of her laying cycle in December. I took some of these eggs to enter in the egg show at the Blue Bonnet Classic. They are the dark ones on the bottom row. :)

CONGRATS! GaryDean26 I would say you were blessed.

Gary Dean
Those are my dream eggs. Do you sell any eggs.
The sad thing. I don't think I want to break open those eggs

Back
Top Bottom