The Best Carrot Cake Ever!

havi

[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si
11 Years
Mar 23, 2008
Waco, Texas
Okay so I thought I would finally share with everyone my carrot cake recipe. Everytime I make this I get sooo many compliments on it. So I renamed it, since everyone kept telling me it was the best they ever had. And you can use whatever size cake pan you like. Im not fond of the 9x13 ones so I always use two round pans. I hope you enjoy it! And let me know what you think of it if you bake it.

Ingredients
3/4 cups canola oil
1/2 cup apple sauce
4 eggs
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3 cups grated carrots
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup butter, softened
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
8 ounce can of crushed pineapple (with the juices squeezed out)
4 cups confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped pecans

Directions
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan. Or I also like to use two 9x9 round pans.
2.In a large bowl, beat together oil, apple sauce, eggs, both sugars and 3 teaspoons vanilla. Mix in the baking powder, baking soda, flour, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir in carrots and crushed pineapple. Fold in pecans. Pour into prepared pan.
3.Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
4.To Make Frosting: In a medium size bowl combine cream cheese, butter, confectioners' sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Stir in chopped pecans. Frost the cooled cake.

smile.png
This looks real good!
Been a while since I looked at this site so I am glad I did. I'll give it a try on Wed, my day off(finally)
big_smile.png

rachael C -mother of all,
brought 6 chicks home today, but I always count 7. hmmmn how did that extra one get in there
wink.png

big_smile.png
The carrot cake is fabulous. I made it today with some duck eggs. Yumm. Took some cupcakes to friends and family and they loved them
wee.gif
I added coconut and some crushed well drained pineapple to the frosting. Thanks for the recipe!!
Rachael C -mother of all

Thanks Rachael.
smile.png
Glad you liked it. If it helps anyone out, I always use the larger holes on the grater. You get alot more useable product, then just that lump of mushy watery stuff if you use the smaller side of the grater.

Back
Top Bottom