The Big Fat Is This A Rooster? Thread

I'm pretty sure this one is a rooster but he doesn't crow yet and his comb hast gotten any redder. 14-15 weeks old now I think.

This is Copper, FBCMarans, and Sally, Salmon Faverolle. They are the same age, 5 weeks. Copper has the biggest and reddest comb of all my pullets, including the 10 week old girls and 8 week old Easter Egger cockerels. (S)he acts like the 2 of my Easter Eggers that I believe are cockerels. They square off with neck feathers raised. Copper stands up to any chicken and is protective of Sally. Her/his feathers came in just like Sally's feathers though. With the male Easter Eggers, there is a difference in their `bustle' feathers. (I know that is not the correct word, but they look like bustles :) Copper seems to have those `bustle' feathers. Any thoughts?

This is Copper, FBCMarans, and Sally, Salmon Faverolle. They are the same age, 5 weeks. Copper has the biggest and reddest comb of all my pullets, including the 10 week old girls and 8 week old Easter Egger cockerels. (S)he acts like the 2 of my Easter Eggers that I believe are cockerels. They square off with neck feathers raised. Copper stands up to any chicken and is protective of Sally. Her/his feathers came in just like Sally's feathers though. With the male Easter Eggers, there is a difference in their `bustle' feathers. (I know that is not the correct word, but they look like bustles :) Copper seems to have those `bustle' feathers. Any thoughts?
Black one looks like a cockerel while the other one looks like a pullet.

Back
Top Bottom