The Big Fat Is This A Rooster? Thread

The one in the front of this picture

What about this one. I may have some upset kids as I only know we have 3 hens out of 8. The one above was bought as a pullet. Thanks for your help

What are y'all's thoughts on our 5-6 week old Ameraucana? bought her as a pullet and she seems like one except her behavior is kinda roo-ish. She tidbits up a storm when she sees me and crouches down and chirps kinda like a rooster who's luring his hens over. She makes other sounds, more than any other chicken I've had ranging from trills, to whistles, to screeches. (pardon the blu-kote on her head where one of the older ladies pecked her.)

Does anyone think this is a rooster?? She's definitely the alpha and is pretty mean to humans. They're all about 4 months. My roommate thinks she is and wants to eat her. :(. Her comb is much brighter then the rest.

Does anyone think this is a rooster?? She's definitely the alpha and is pretty mean to humans. They're all about 4 months. My roommate thinks she is and wants to eat her.
sad.png
. Her comb is much brighter then the rest.

It's really hard to get a good photo of saddle feathers on a white bird. I suggest you take a close look at the feathers on the backs of both birds. Pullets have broad, rounded feathers. Males, by 4 months old, should have some pointed, narrow back feathers.

Back
Top Bottom