The Big Fat Is This A Rooster? Thread

Ok! Yes I will do that after work. She just looks like she's changing from the other girls. Her neck is getting longer and she is molting around the neck, when the other ones are not. :/

Two 3 month olds first one is a light brahma
second a white leghorn
any opinions on either?

What are y'all's thoughts on our 5-6 week old Ameraucana? bought her as a pullet and she seems like one except her behavior is kinda roo-ish. She tidbits up a storm when she sees me and crouches down and chirps kinda like a rooster who's luring his hens over. She makes other sounds, more than any other chicken I've had ranging from trills, to whistles, to screeches. (pardon the blu-kote on her head where one of the older ladies pecked her.)

There are 3 distinct rows of peas in the comb and red coming in on the shoulders. I vote for cockerel.

Would you please help sort our boys from our girls? We have 3 Black Copper Marans, 2 Splash Ameraucanas, 1 Blue Ameraucana, and 2 Golden Laced Bantam Wyandottes.

We are thinking that the BCM 3 is female, as her comb and wattle are much smaller and less red than those of the BCM 1 and BCM 2. Also, we were told that the two GLBW are female. The Ameraucanas we have no idea about. Thank you!

BCM 1:

BCM 2:

BCM 3:

SA 1:

BA:

SA 2:

GLBW 1:

GLBW 2:

Thank you!!!

Back
Top Bottom