THE BIG MOVE! Do they have the right stuff?

ChickenRebel

Hatching
7 Years
May 19, 2012
I have 5 1/2 week old chicks that i just moved outside to day.
big_smile.png
I am posting pics of the coop and the chicks, can anyone tell me if the coop is adequate enough for them over night? The temps are high 80s in the day and mid 60s at night also any idea of the breed and sex of them.

Moselle on the left Frances on the right

Frances has five toes is that, ok?

Wow, the coop looks great!!
I think you should be ok putting them outside as long as you stay above 60s at night. How many of them are there? I think I kept mine a little warmer than that a little longer, but I'm not sure that it was necessary. It will be interesting to see where they end up in the coop. I definitely had to place mine up on the roost the first few nights.
Good luck!

thanks i built it with scrap lumber and some 2x4s i bought.
i only have two. i am very new to chickens and want to get one more not sure if three will fit comfortably in my coop.

I think they will be fine. Mine have been outside for over a month now and are just hitting 11 weeks old. I stopped the heat 2 weeks ago and they are all doing great.
My rooster little Pooster went to his new home last weekend and took three JG with him. No heat there and all reports are that they are doing wonderfully.

Edited to add:
I think the five toes have something to do with the breeds. I know some have five toes and must in order to be shown.

Last edited:
I think your coop could definitely support another one. I started out with 3 ladies but due to an aggressive Ameraucana that went to a friend's farm - I'm now down to 2! As far as sex or variety of bird, I don't know what you've go there. The sure are cute at that stage in the photos. I love the half feathered akward weeks : )

well the girls did pretty good last night. they did a lot of chirping at first but settled down after i put them on there new roost even with the temps getting down to 59 with no heat lamp.
just want to say thanks for all the advice and support from BYC members this is truly a great site.

Back
Top Bottom