The biggest egg

ChickenLover200

Crowing
8 Years
May 10, 2013
I'll be in the barn!
Does anyone know if there's a record for the world's biggest chicken egg? or the world's smallest chicken egg?
It just came to mind.. as I've collected many HUGE eggs and I usually end up emptying the yolk and white out of the shell without damaging it so that I can keep the shell.

So far I've collected 11 eggs. Two of which are tiny, tiny eggs.

I thought it would be neat to see if any other people have any very large or tiny eggs. So if you want you can post a picture of that egg and how big it is (around sideways and the height). Then you can post the breed of the chicken who laid that egg.

I will post a picture of the biggest one I have later.. I measured it a while back, but I can't remember how big it was. I'm thinking it was 3-4 inches around sideways and 7-8 inches around height wise.

post away!

big_smile.png

3.7 ounces / 105 grams. I think this is the biggest I've had. Was a hyline brown. I have had a triple yolker before but these biggens have been double yolkers

Attachments

• 20200930_181602.jpg
    20200930_181602.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 1
I'm just happy to know that someone else will admit to have a collection of "special" egg shells. I have my first goose egg, some odd-shaped chicken eggs, some fairy eggs and my all-time favorite -- the runner duck egg completely contained within another egg. The tiny egg inside had no yolk, BTW.

Back
Top Bottom