The Biggest Little Rooster -- grandchickies on the way!!

Well, GTS barely escaped being one of the victims of the mass slaughter in my coop, she's doing well now. McSneaky is doing well also and has a couple of ladies all his own since I lost a couple of my roosters, he's adopted the girls left behind. We may have some BLR descendants soon!

I am not sure if I commented on that thread about your loss, but I was heartbroken for you.All those lovable birds!! I darn near cried for you.
I am so glad McSneaky has taken over- his dad would be proud..

I know it has been a very long time (and hope I don't get Miss Bizzy in trouble for posting on a dead thread) but we wanted to update, in case anyone who read this is still out there.
We just recently lost the last of " The Ladies" . She was the lightest Golden Girl, our favorite. She was ill for some time, and Miss Bizzy encouraged her to go to sleep, dream about her long lost love, and when she wakes, he will be there with her.
The only one left here in MD is The Biggest Little Roosters daughter BeeBee. It is quite sad to see her go into her coop at night all alone. There is another little flock of girls, but BeeBee does not like them at all.
We haven't spoken to Writer of Words recently, but last we heard, the Biggest Little Rooster had grandbabies. His children were brave and strong, avoiding and surviving several wild animal attacks.
We still miss him. And all his Ladies. And Laurel, and Essie. I really do not know how Hardy has made out. Miss him too.

Miss Bizzy is writing the final chapter. It is time...

Over the Rainbow Bridge was a beautiful place with plentiful bugs and sunshine. There were no predators. The grass was always green, and there were fields of grains and corn. There were never-ending watermelon plants.
Because there were no predators, the Biggest Little Rooster was no longer afraid of the dark. Spiders still creeped him out though. And he still didn't like to jump.
He was so very proud of his 2 little kids who made the decision to go live with him. He was an excellant daddy, and took his kids on many adventures.

He missed the Ladies. He loved them as long as he could remember. It hurt his heart to think about them. The one thing he was glad about is that none of them saw him travel the Rainbow Bridge. But he could see they were lonely without him.

Time over the Rainbow Bridge goes quickly, just like time here. While he did not want to wish his girls anything but the best, the Biggest Little Rooster was glad time went quickly. It meant his Ladies would come to join him soon.
He missed his Ladies so much.

The Biggest Little Rooster watched over the Ladies from above. The Ladies felt his presence at times. Every once in a while they would look around as if they felt him there. The Ladies believed he was watching over them, steering them from trouble and keeping them from feeling sad. And he was.

He watched his little ones grow, in Maryland and New Mexico. He was very proud of all of his kids. The humans thought that Hardy might be a disappointment, but he wasn’t. The Biggest Little Rooster was always bragging about “My Boy Hardy”. He loved the personalities each of his girls developed. He was VERY proud when his New Mexico babies became tree chickens. He would never have been able to teach them not to fear jumping.

Lohi Moa came to join him first. She was still so simple minded after her little brain got shook up by the big brown monster. The Biggest Little Rooster liked the fact that he did not have to worry about her because there were no predators. She followed him around like a puppy. He was happy to show her around.

Before he knew it, another of his Ladies came over the Bridge. Then his daughter Essie arrived. If it weren’t so beautiful over the Rainbow Bridge, the Biggest Little Rooster might have been very sad for Essie to come to him so soon. But it was so difficult to be sad in such a happy place.

In the human world, the 2 Ladies left hung out together, and avoided Laurel and BeeBee. The two little groups of 2 were carefree and happy. Life was good on both sides.

But then another of his Ladies was ill. So was Laurel. Within 2 weeks, they both came to be with him. The last of his MD offspring, and the last of his Ladies had no choice but to become fast friends.

At the Bizzy house, BeeBee continued to be her own girl. The last Lady was the favorite, the friendliest, the most adventurous. She would take BeeBee around telling her stories of her father. BeeBee knew her father as if she had grown up under his wing. The Biggest Little Rooster was so thrilled.

Over the Bridge, the whole family got along fine. The kids were old enough to understand their daddy wanted time alone with his Ladies. The Biggest Little Rooster thoroughly enjoyed showing off and dancing for his Ladies again. They went on adventures, and when they got too far from home, his brother, the Medium Little Rooster would direct him home.

It was so wonderful to feel like a rooster again. The Biggest Little Rooster could show the Ladies the best treats. He could dig them holes to dustbathe in. They feasted on melons, tomatoes, greens and grains.
Everything was great, except that there was 1 Lady missing.

It took a bit of time, but one day the last little Lady was feeling ill. The Biggest Little Rooster was torn. Part of him felt terrible that his favorite was feeling ill. Part of him was excited that he might see her soon.
He watched as the humanlady gave their favorite some antibiotics. His Lady started feeling better. It did not last long. She started feeling badly again.
The older neighbors were concerned. They did not like to see the Lady ill. They were all afraid they would lose her.

If chickens could cry, there would have been tears in the Biggest Little Roosters eyes as he listened to the humanlady talk. She told their favorite how much she had brightened the Bizzys life. She said she did not like to watch anyone in pain. The humanlady told her to close her eyes, and dream of her sisters and her wonderful man.

She resisted. She liked her life in the Bizzy yard. Well, more accurately in the older neighbor’s yard. But with great encouragement, she fell asleep. When she woke, the first thing she saw was the Biggest Little Rooster.

While he hated the thought of BeeBee being down there alone, the Biggest Little Rooster was so happy! He had his Ladies back.

After a little private time with his favorite, the Biggest Little Rooster crowed. He ran across a field, with his Ladies following. They were going on an adventure.

The Biggest Little Rooster was in Heaven….

Yes, Sussex.. 5 years ago I started telling his story. I have never had such a joyous bunch . I was so very sad when we lost the last Lady. She was our favorite, and the Biggest Little Roosters favorite too.

Hey Haulin! What brings you out of hiding? LOL

Back
Top Bottom