1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The bliss of Dust baths

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by artsyrobin, May 7, 2009.

1. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
  2. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

They are so cute! I love to watch them taking their baths....they just enjoy it so much!

3. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    My week-old chicks "dust bathe" on my lap & chest when I'm wearing my robe or have a towel. We call it "fluffing" and it's absolutely hilarious!

4. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    my little roo does that too, it is so funny! can you imagine them grown up in your lap doing that??[​IMG]

5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

So cute! Chickens and their dust baths! Pure happiness, huh? [​IMG]

6. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeah, it's cute until they start throwing all the guts of your brooder around the laundry room!!! [​IMG] I had a group of silly girls who were about your ladies' age and their dust baths were so vigorous that I had to scrub the laundry room from top to bottom when I moved them outside! Talk about an incentive to get their pen fixed up!!! They were hilarious!! [​IMG]

7. 5sallad5

5sallad5 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2009
    Trion, Ga
    [​IMG] yeah mine will go under my slide (childhood slide) and then they started scratching.
    In a week they had a dirty hole. They now take dust bathes a lot.

Last edited: May 9, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by